+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whats the deal with the Police Clearance?

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hi All,

I am submitting my application soon and this is one topic that seems to be little confusing and the basis of a lot of rejection.

My wife is the main applicant in our application and she has only lived in India for most part of her life but she has lived in different cities and also in different addresses, so when applying for the police clearance for her what should I keep in mind.
Her present address in her passport is where is living in currently for the last 7 years but since she has also lived in a different city should the PCC mention that address as well? (not sure if thats even possible when applying for the PCC with the Indian embassy)

-Thanks
A

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
You simply apply for your PCC at the Indian Embassy in your current country of residence. They will issue it in their regular format (which is the same as provided by PSK centers in India).
Remember all dependants above age 18 need to obtain PCC from all the countries they have stayed for 6 months or more since the age of 18.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Yes, you are right.. thats what I have in mind.. go to the Indian embassy and just apply and what certificate they give me just give that to CIC. However does the fact that my wife has lived in multiple addresses in the same city matter or cause any confusion?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alstar said:
Yes, you are right.. thats what I have in mind.. go to the Indian embassy and just apply and what certificate they give me just give that to CIC. However does the fact that my wife has lived in multiple addresses in the same city matter or cause any confusion?
Not at all. Refusals happened because applicants approached the provincial police authorities for PCC instead of getting it from the passport officials.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
ahh ok... I get it now!
One last thing.. I plan to get the police clearance in advance to save time in the future.. right now we are at 463 points.

So what if I get the police clearance now and then travel to India.. and stay der for 10 days, will I have to get a new police clearance to cover those 10 days as well at the time of submission..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alstar said:
ahh ok... I get it now!
One last thing.. I plan to get the police clearance in advance to save time in the future.. right now we are at 463 points.

So what if I get the police clearance now and then travel to India.. and stay der for 10 days, will I have to get a new police clearance to cover those 10 days as well at the time of submission..
Preferably get it after you come back from India - CIC has been wildly erratic on this front.

Che_Pal

Mar 7, 2016
Dears,

Need your help in my case.

I am staying in Myanmar (as Expatriate) since 2014 till now for work. During this time, I stayed in 4 different addresses across 3 townships in the same city (Yangon). 1st address was hotel (When I landed - 1 month stay) then I moved to apartment in a compound at township A, a year later, moved temporarily to service apartment at a different township for 3 months, then went back to the same compound but different house in township A where I am staying till now. Therefore, most of my stay is in township A and when I got the PCC recently it is from township A police station. In the letter, it mentions my current address in that township and that I have no criminal record at this township police station. Given the fact that in Myanmar there is no PCC letter from National police or any government entity, it is only from local township police office. Also that I can't get PCC from the other townships since my stay there was short and I wasn't registered at those townships as well and they will not issue PCC for foreigners unless they are registered at the respective township.
In this case, will my PCC be accepted or do I need to add LoE. I am applying for the 2nd time since my 1st one was rejected for not applying PCC from Myanmar. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Note: CIC website clearly states that for Myanmar PCC, You should apply in person at your local township police station.

Thanks