+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the appropriate NOC Code for DevOps Support Engineer?

RB2

Jun 12, 2022
Hi,

I would request fellow aspirants and experts to help me select the appropriate NOC code for my profile.

I have gone through responsibilities under 9 codes(2147, 2171, 2172, 2173, 2174, 2175, 2281, 2282, 2283), which are for IT engineers. I ended up with 2281 and 2282 which are closer to my roles.

However, I am not getting convinced with these two as well, because 2281 focuses on network monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting but we focus on application monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting. With 2282 it focuses on Users facing issues, but our roles are that we monitor by ourselves or the issue gets reported by tester or in rare case the user.

Below is the list of my roles and responsibilities, and request your views on which NOC code could be more appropriate, thanks in advance.

As part of the Cloud DevOps team, the DevOps Support Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) components hosted in Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Perform deep troubleshooting to analyze logs, application / infrastructure issues to improve scalability, high availability and performance of applications in production and non-production environments. Engaging and coordinating with Development, Testing, Database and other teams on NOC calls to help troubleshoot and fix the issues. Build and maintain scripts, tools and frameworks that support health-check of applications, patching activities and other automated solutions. Design, build, and deliver dashboards, alerts and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure to identify bottlenecks causing degradation of service quality and/or availability. Creating and managing process and procedural documents for troubleshooting issues and solutions. Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies. Evaluate tools, technologies and processes to improve efficiency of daily operations.