+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen if "accompanying child" does not travel along when first entering Canada

jty9088

Oct 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm the process of adding my newborn child to the approved application. As I only intend to first arrive in Canada for a short period of time to get the PR card activated, I wonder if I list the child as "accompanying," do I have to bring the child with me when I first arrive in Canada?

What will happen if I don't bring the child? Does that affect me getting the PR card? If not, will the child be able to get the PR card as I do, or I'll need to apply for PR again after I getting my PR?

Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I'm the process of adding my newborn child to the approved application. As I only intend to first arrive in Canada for a short period of time to get the PR card activated, I wonder if I list the child as "accompanying," do I have to bring the child with me when I first arrive in Canada?

What will happen if I don't bring the child? Does that affect me getting the PR card? If not, will the child be able to get the PR card as I do, or I'll need to apply for PR again after I getting my PR?

Thanks a lot!
There will be no impact to you if the child doesn't come. You'll see be able to get your PR card.

If they child doesn't travel to Canada and land before the expiry date on the COPR, you'll need to apply for PR again for the child (i.e sponsor the child for PR).

Reactions: paneka penalty

jty9088

Oct 2, 2019
There will be no impact to you if the child doesn't come. You'll see be able to get your PR card.

If they child doesn't travel to Canada and land before the expiry date on the COPR, you'll need to apply for PR again for the child (i.e sponsor the child for PR).
Got it, thank you very much!

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot!
Hi, may I know what is the status of adding your new child? Thanks.