+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what visa do we want

nataliha

Mar 19, 2008
hi,
my partner and i want to come to canada for 2years or so for some life experience now we have both graduated from university. we are both scottish and i have family in canada (grandparents). we are wanting to temporary live there ie rent an apartment, get a job. we dont want to travel the country. can anyone help me with any good ideas of what we should do? as were both graduates we dont have much career behind us.

thanks to anyone for your help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nataliha said:
hi,
my partner and i want to come to canada for 2years or so for some life experience now we have both graduated from university. we are both scottish and i have family in canada (grandparents). we are wanting to temporary live there ie rent an apartment, get a job. we dont want to travel the country. can anyone help me with any good ideas of what we should do? as were both graduates we dont have much career behind us.

thanks to anyone for your help
Probably your best chance is a one year BUNAC visa (non extendable) for non students if you are under 30. They are gone for this year, but you could apply in December for 2009. Otherwise you would have to find an employer who is willing to get a Labour Market Opinion from Services Canada that there are no Canadians/PR s available for the job and they have advertise extensively. Depending on the job, that could take 6 months. Then you would have to obtain a work permit.

PMM