+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Visa Do I need to work as a Waitress in the U.S. as a Canadian PR

Yeanie729

Aug 15, 2019
Hello,

I am looking for answers on how to be able to work in the States as a Canadian Pr/ Citizen.
I am planning on moving to the states for 6 months after graduating university. I would be there to mostly visit with family and plan my next academic journey. While I am down there I would like to pursue work in roles like costumer services l, sales associate, receptionist, waitress etc. I am currently a Canadian PR but at that time I would have already applied for citizenship. What visa would I need to be able to get work like those in the U.S.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am looking for answers on how to be able to work in the States as a Canadian Pr/ Citizen.
I am planning on moving to the states for 6 months after graduating university. I would be there to mostly visit with family and plan my next academic journey. While I am down there I would like to pursue work in roles like costumer services l, sales associate, receptionist, waitress etc. I am currently a Canadian PR but at that time I would have already applied for citizenship. What visa would I need to be able to get work like those in the U.S.?
Ask on US immigration site. Having Canadian PR doesn’t give you any benefit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

You will need a work permit and employer. You cannot work on visitor status in the US. The below link will provide you with some information about the various work permits available. I'm not sure how feasible it's going to be to work in the US temporarily as you have planned.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/temporary-worker-visas.html

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

The chances of you getting a visa to work in the mentioned jobs is basically zero

Won’t be happening