+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what type of visa would allow to work with different employers?

lovetodream

Oct 20, 2009
I am currently working as a Licensed Practical Nurse under Temporary Working Visa, but just recently, I was given the full-time permanent position which made me eligible to apply now for Permanent Residency under Provincial Nominee Program. My question is, since I am under the same employer and my temporary work permit states I can't work with other employers aside from my employer. Can I apply for a different visa that would allow me to work on another employer as part time while still working with my original employer as full time? And is this possible while I am also planning to apply for my PR at the same time?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lovetodream said:
I am currently working as a Licensed Practical Nurse under Temporary Working Visa, but just recently, I was given the full-time permanent position which made me eligible to apply now for Permanent Residency under Provincial Nominee Program. My question is, since I am under the same employer and my temporary work permit states I can't work with other employers aside from my employer. Can I apply for a different visa that would allow me to work on another employer as part time while still working with my original employer as full time? And is this possible while I am also planning to apply for my PR at the same time?
No.

PMM

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of now NO, but once you get your PR you can change your employer or work for numerous employers.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Get your PR first, then you are free to work for whomever you want.