+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What type of visa should I apply?

gijchy

Nov 4, 2008
My name is Gijchy.I'm Thai and live in Bangkok. I have boyfriend who had been working in Vancouver 2 years and get another 3.5 years working permit. We plan to get marry on Sep,2009. The question are
1. If I want to go with him after married, what kind of visa I should apply since he was already apply for PR and waiting for the result?
2. He said he is working as class B.Would it be possible for me to apply for working visa without employer?
3. I was assistant teacher 3 years without degree, can I use this as my working experience?
4. I would like to study in Vancouver but the fee is so high for International student. Should I wait until My boyfriend get PR and apply for me or it would be better to study it after get there next year?
I plan to take IELTS for academic, will I use this to apply for PR too?
Please kindly answer
Many thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He needs to add you to his PR application. If you got married after he applied for PR and he doesn't update his application, it could prevent him from sponsoring you in the future. If he still doesn't have his PR when you are ready to join him, you can get an open work permit as a spouse.

gijchy

Nov 4, 2008
Thank you
What is "an open work permit as a spouse"? Should I apply for working visa from Thailand or get a tourist visa first and apply for working visa inside Canada later?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
A spouse or common law partner gets an open work permit or one with no restrictions
1. For spousal applicants in Canada only after Approval in Principle stage is reached.
2. For spouses of work permit holders in Canada, only if their job is categorized in the NOC as A, B or O.

PMM