+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to submit if I can't get reference letter from previous employers on time?

bonny22

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone,

We are invited to apply for PR under CEC and I am currently having problems in getting reference letters from my two previous employers.

I am not the principal applicant, I am the dependent spouse and I need to show some proof of employment too. Apparently, I included two non-supervisory jobs in my work experience:
-Team member at a fast food chain
-Production operator in a food manufacturing company

I believe I did not claim points for this, but since I included it in my work experience, I was asked to provide reference letters etc as proof of employment. Although I requested it and diligently giving follow-ups from my previous employers, I am worried that they can't give it on time. I have everything else though like T4, old ROE and some payslips.

Please give some advice on what to do as we have to submit our application in less than a month.

Thank you to all who will answer.

bonny22

Jun 22, 2021
Hello.

Apparently, i'm still waiting for reference letter from my previous fastfood chain job. It's taking too long Im afraid Ill run out of time waiting. Is it okay to just make a letter of explanation stating that I did not claim points for it?

Thank you to all who will answer.