+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to do????

tony g

Sep 30, 2009
i am a british citizen currently out here in canada visiting my family who have been out here for the last 11 years. i came out here as a visitor and stayed the 6 months i was allowed to without a trv towards the end of my stay i sent an application to extend my stay for a while longer by applying for a trv. i recieved a letter back from cic a couple of days ago saying they would not allow me to extend my stay and that i would have to return to the uk, now this is where things start to get a bit stressfull for me, in the time i had been here i had done my best to avoid getting involved in any kind of relationship as this would pose a problem if i had to leave, about 4 months ago i ended up getting involved in a relationship with a canadian women i have known for nearly 9 years and to top that off we found out about 3 months ago she is pregnant with our child. i am now getting stressed out as i have been told that i must return to the uk and leave her and my unborn child here alone without me and now this is causing her to get stressed and worried which is not good for her either. i would like some advice as to what we can do, i dont want her to come and stay in the uk with me as the country as far as im concerned has nothing to offer in ways of a good life and i would rather be out here with her , our child and all of my family who live here. all i want to do is be able to work and provide for the both of them and be happy doing that hopefully someone can help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

If everything is as you say, getting married is probably your best option and then your wife can sponsor you under Family Class (if she qualifies). There are other options.

BUT - you may have to go back to the UK temporarily. If you do not leave by the date specified, your chance of ever getting PR is in jeopardy. If she can go with you, why not? You can apply from there...