+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT SHOULD I DO ? VISITING VISA OR P R

sue_innocent

Apr 22, 2008
Am a nigerian citizen born in cameroon , currently living in cameroon, i recent got married to a canadian woman , we have know each other for a long time , she is currently staying with me in cameroon , but her family and kids , wants to meet me , WE want to celebrate our marriage in canada with her family, DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISITING VISA, OR A P R ..VISA ?

I am currently very busy with my work, i am the only son of my parents , i manage my father's business , and i work in the local council as a supervisor ..i have a son here too ,,, so i need help and advice on what to do, as i have read alot of write ups here about denials of visa to africans ...

i am finacialy strong , i mean i can provide as enough funds as possible , as i wish to take a leave for a month and spend with my wife's family .. before coming back home , as my wife will be coming back with me . she is a missionary , she is working on establishing missions here in cameroon ....

DO I NEED AN INVITATION LETTER , SINCE MY WIFE IS HERE WITH ME ?

will the embassy respect our marriage and my wife;s right to travel with her husband ? my wife is older than me , does that mean anything to canadian immigrations?

i have a house here , good jobs , 2 bank acc..,a son here ,never being to jail ,medicaly fit ... can i invite the embassy to come to my house or my town to see and know how much i worth ,, ??

I guess i am not asking too many questions ,, am just worried ,,

Thanks as i wait to read surgestions and possible helps , as i plan to apply for a visa soon
[/color]

TorontoLawyer

May 6, 2008
I know this really informative site that has alot of information on obtaining Temporary Resident Visas in Toronto, Canada. See <a href="http://www.torontonotary.com/invitation_letter.html">Toronto Notary Public Discusses Letters of Invitation for Temporary Resident Visa’s to Canada</a>

sue_innocent

Apr 22, 2008
I really do need useful help and suggestion on what to do , as i am completely confused ,if i should apply for a visiting visa or for permanent residence ...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sue_innocent said:
I really do need useful help and suggestion on what to do , as i am completely confused ,if i should apply for a visiting visa or for permanent residence ...
The chances of you getting a TRV (Temporary Visitor Visa) are close to nil. Since you are married to a Canadian citizen they will assume that you purpose in going to Canada is to remain permanently. So about the only way, is if your spouse submits a sponsorship application for you. As she is a CC she can submit the sponsorship and your application to Mississauga while she is living outside Canada.
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

PMM