+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what shall I do if I answered any question in my EE profile wrong by mistake?

ritikasingh

Sep 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Here I am again, needing advice for a silly mistake ad hoping someone can help me out yet again :-( :-(

I created my profile in EE on 15th September, 2015 with 451 CRS scores and have received an invitation on 2nd October, 2015. However, now I realized that I had answered one of the questions in EE profile incorrectly by mistake.

I had answered NO to the question in the EE profile "Tell us about your previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives. Have you applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before - NO

I had applied for student visa in November 2014 for Canada and it was refused due to some reason. When I was answering that question, I honestly thought that this question is pertaining only to permanent resident applications and not student/tourist visas hence I answered No. Now, that I have received an invitation and started filling out the schedule A form, I realised that I should have answered it as Yes and should have mentioned UCI number there.

If I proceed further with the application, then it will be a mis-match of information. So here are my questions :

1) There is no way to go back and amend that answer now, is it?
2) Is there a way to contact CIC to get that answer amended by any chance before I submit my PR application?
3) Can I explain this genuine error in an explanation letter accompanied by my PR application? Does this answer have any adverse effect on my PR application?
4) Am I better off declining this invitation and then waiting for another one with an amended profile?

I know it is a long shot asking someone to answer all of my above queries, but if any kind soul can take out the time, then it will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ritika

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You cannot change your already transmitted profile now.
2. I think CIC doesn't accept any such requests to modify the submitted EE profile after an ITA is issued.
3. You best bet is option 3. You can write them a LOE explaining politely the situation. As this change will not affect your CRS, you should not have any problem. Anyways, you will come across your situation when you Start filling the statutory questions. Answer to the corresponding statutory question honestly and you should be good.
4. Personally, I wouldn't go with option 4.

I wish you good luck with your application.