+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What office to choose if you have double citizenship? What would you do?

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi, I just would like to know what would some of the members of this forum would do in my situation.

I am applying for permament residency through common law.

I have 2 citizenships.
I was born and have live all my life in Mexico.
My grandparents are from Spain, so i got spanish citizenship and this one goes to the Paris office for permanent residency applications.

I was told Paris office is one of the fastest and have a great percentage of approval. Cic site says it takes 8 months. However I dont have a lot of links to this country, i have never lived in Spain.

I keep reading that if i put Paris office CIC still considers and might send it to Mexico since I have more ties to this country.
Anyway my police certificates will have to be requested to Mexico and apparently the application times arent as bad as the CIC page says.

Now...checklists are a little different and right now i only have the official translation of my Spanish birth certificate.
Should i try to apply through Spain, select Paris office and see what CIC decides? Would there be any consequences for my application?
Or should i choose Mexico and find a way to get the birth certificate?

I would love to hear your comments. Thanks!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
why are you posting this question 3 times in a row? you have 2 other threads dedicated to this question. contrary to what you may believe, posting the same question multiple times at the same time is NOT going to get you more answers. in fact, i bet you will find you will get less answers because this sort of thig is highly annoying to most members on this forum.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Sorry, that wasnt my intention, any of the 3 posts keep taking a different turn and im just still confused.
Im sorry for the misunderstanding, wasnt trying to get same answer all times its just questions that keep coming with each comment but i know what you mean, i should stay to a post. Sorry again and thanks everyone for helping.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
amhel26 said:
Sorry, that wasnt my intention, any of the 3 posts keep taking a different turn and im just still confused.
Im sorry for the misunderstanding, wasnt trying to get same answer all times its just questions that keep coming with each comment but i know what you mean, i should stay to a post. Sorry again and thanks everyone for helping.
understandable... my suggestion is if you are still confused, then focus your question on specifically what you are confused about. asking the same question over and over is not going to help clarify what you are confused about.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi.
Thanks everyone for your help. Im sorry, im still very confused, i know i even posted related questions too..is just that i keep getting different opinions from everyone.
so far some say ask for Paris office and see what happens, you have nothing to loose.
and now it seems..if i do that my application might take even longer.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dual-citizenship-what-office-it-goes-to-or-change-to-inland-t245609.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dual-citizenship-and-specific-checklist-t245356.0.html

I really dont know what to do. can i get more suggestions? what would you guys do in my situation. the point is to get a faster application not to make things even more complicated..what do i do???
Than
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dual-citizenship-what-office-it-goes-to-or-change-to-inland-t245609.0.html