+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what kind of visa to apply?

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
hi there,

I need advice and info..I had a relative in the u.s and a green card holder, she wants to wrk here in canada.I asked my boss abt it and she told me that she needs to have a work permit before she will be allowed to work here in alberta, my question how and where will she apply the work permit? or is it like a visa, coz I know japanese people apply in their country what they call a holiday visa? my relative is in california...anyone can give me some information will be a great help..thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mznutcracker said:
hi there,

I need advice and info..I had a relative in the u.s and a green card holder, she wants to wrk here in canada.I asked my boss abt it and she told me that she needs to have a work permit before she will be allowed to work here in alberta, my question how and where will she apply the work permit? or is it like a visa, coz I know japanese people apply in their country what they call a holiday visa? my relative is in california...anyone can give me some information will be a great help..thanks
1. She would require an employer in Canada to obtain a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC that there are no Canadians/Permanent Residents available for the job. The have to advertise it on the national job bank for 2 weeks, and wages must be average for the area. They also have to provide information to HRSDC why the CC/PRs who applied were not qualified. If the LMO is positive, then she could apply for a Work Permit.
2. The SWAP work holiday visa is only available to US citizens in the US.

PMM