+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the timeline for Spousal Sponsorship PR?

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
Good day everyone! I am just wondering what is the timeline for Spousal Sponsorship permanent residency? We asked for a lawyer to do the application for us. For some reason our lawyer isn't updating us on the timeline, sadly. So, our lawyer told us on November 2nd:

"They will process your application next week and confirmation will come about 2 weeks after."

The next week after that message, we had a notification that $550.00 was taken by CITIZENSHIP & IMM ON-L.

So my questions are:
1. Does the moment they took our money/payment mean they have started the "process"?
2. What or which stage of the process is this? From what I've searched so far, is that its possible were in a Background check or perhaps in an ECAS stage?
3. What does our lawyer mean by "confirmation"?
4. Lastly, may I know what the timeline is for Spousal Sponsorship for PR?

Thank you!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
It sounds like your lawyer isn't communicating with you very well. Did you apply inland or outland? What date was your app mailed in?

Reactions: msb

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
It sounds like your lawyer isn't communicating with you very well. Did you apply inland or outland? What date was your app mailed in?
Yeah. Painfully true, she is not... I applied outland and they didnt say specifically when they emailed in our application but it was around August 14-18, 2017.

Reactions: msb

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yeah. Painfully true, she is not... I applied outland and they didnt say specifically when they emailed in our application but it was around August 14-18, 2017.
I'm sorry about that. Are you the sponsor or the PA? Is the applicant an American citizen? (I'm guessing maybe, from your avatar?) I'm an American applicant from August 2nd so hopefully I can provide you with some info.

Has the medical exam been done yet?

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
I'm sorry about that. Are you the sponsor or the PA? Is the applicant an American citizen? (I'm guessing maybe, from your avatar?) I'm an American applicant from August 2nd so hopefully I can provide you with some info.

Has the medical exam been done yet?
I am the PA and is an american citizen. My husband is in canada.

Our lawyer actually just grabbed all files from us. (Medical exams, Pictures, signed application, background check) So we filled up everything and just sent our lawyer what we were told that we need and sent it to them. The original post I had written earlier, is the only information we have. We asked for the timeline but apparently "shes away for the rest of the week" at the moment.... :(

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I am the PA and is an american citizen. My husband is in canada.

Our lawyer actually just grabbed all files from us. (Medical exams, Pictures, signed application, background check) So we filled up everything and just sent our lawyer what we were told that we need and sent it to them. The original post I had written earlier, is the only information we have. We asked for the timeline but apparently "shes away for the rest of the week" at the moment.... :(
So you did your medical exam before you submitted your application? That is very unusual - typically the panel physician will not complete it unless you are able to provide the request letter, which is only received after you submit your PR app.

Honestly, I have no idea what your lawyer was talking about in November when she was talking about the processing and confirmation etc. Did she let you know that you received sponsor approval at all? Or acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)?

I can give you an idea of my timeline. It's no guarantee that your app is following the same timeline, but hopefully it helps give you an idea. If you're an American citizen, your app will be processed completely in Mississauga. My app was received August 2nd, I received my AOR September 22nd, sponsor approval September 29th, confirmation that my application would be processed in Mississauga on October 7th. Americans at the Mississauga VO seem to be currently processed in about 6-8 months (with a few exceptions of course).

Your lawyer has not given you any updates at all since submitting the app?
I would specifically inquire from her about sponsor approval and confirmation of app transfer (VO)/AOR2 which should just be Mississauga.

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
So you did your medical exam before you submitted your application? That is very unusual - typically the panel physician will not complete it unless you are able to provide the request letter, which is only received after you submit your PR app.

Honestly, I have no idea what your lawyer was talking about in November when she was talking about the processing and confirmation etc. Did she let you know that you received sponsor approval at all? Or acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)?

I can give you an idea of my timeline. It's no guarantee that your app is following the same timeline, but hopefully it helps give you an idea. If you're an American citizen, your app will be processed completely in Mississauga. My app was received August 2nd, I received my AOR September 22nd, sponsor approval September 29th, confirmation that my application would be processed in Mississauga on October 7th. Americans at the Mississauga VO seem to be currently processed in about 6-8 months (with a few exceptions of course).

Your lawyer has not given you any updates at all since submitting the app?
I would specifically inquire from her about sponsor approval and confirmation of app transfer (VO)/AOR2 which should just be Mississauga.
I forgot to add to my previous response to you about the CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION ON-L has taken our payment, it actually says from my bank statement that its from "GATINEAU QC". Could this be our VO?

But yes, I did my medical exam before I submitted my application. The panel physician didnt seem to mind it. I just thought that maybe it is alright and considered that perhaps it is just different with a representative than doing alone. And she didnt tell us if there was something wrong so we assumed it was alright.

The lawyer didnt notify us at all if we received anything (SA, AOR, etc.) She communicates with us quickly but vague and lacking information.

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your effort in responding and sharing your timeline and ideas! We will definitely contact our lawyer again asking for our timeline and any other information we can get from them like what you are all getting from CIC or IRCC.