+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best option?

chrisqui

Apr 8, 2014
Hello :)
Am completing my 3 years bachelor in May and my fiancé and I want to move to Canada after that. It's a bit hard to determine which option to choose.
1. We both apply for a job there, but I'll have to earn 1 year of work experience first.
2. I apply for an msc and work at the same time and he works as well.
3. We both go to study
4. I go to study and he accompanies me as a spouse.

I need an advice.

p.s: getting a relevant job in my domain of study is a bit hard :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. It is not easy to find a job in Canada when you need a work permit. Especially without work experience.

2. If you are common law (living together for at least 12 months) or you get married, then you can go as a couple. You can study and after 6 months, apply for a student work permit which allows you to work part time and your fiancé will have an open work permit and can work full time and gain experience / find a way to apply for your PR.

3. If you have loads of money :)

4. Isn't 2. and 4. the same?

chrisqui

Apr 8, 2014
Leon said:
2. If you are common law (living together for at least 12 months) or you get married, then you can go as a couple. You can study and after 6 months, apply for a student work permit which allows you to work part time and your fiancé will have an open work permit and can work full time and gain experience / find a way to apply for your PR.
This means that I should get a student visa, I sponsor him and he should be eligible for an open work permit?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
chrisqui said:
This means that I should get a student visa, I sponsor him and he should be eligible for an open work permit?
He would have to apply for a TRV (unless he is from a visa exempt country) and then he can apply for a SOWP. Ofcourse he either needs to be your spouse or provide proof of common-law.