+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is eligibility check?

gkumar1988

Jul 17, 2023
I submitted my application on November 3rd and am still waiting for a response. The medical has been completed and no updates since then.
I found out about the tracking link and when I logged in, I see that of the 4, only eligibility is in progress and everything is complete.
Mine is a single application, but I am seeing the message
"We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class". Why is this happening?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022

gkumar1988

Jul 17, 2023
Thanks @novemberrain . I did request a GCMS notes and my application is in "review required" because of some missing pay slips for some of my work experience items. This has been like this since January and they have not requested any additional documents from me. Is there something that can be done or is it going to be just a waiting game?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Thanks @novemberrain . I did request a GCMS notes and my application is in "review required" because of some missing pay slips for some of my work experience items. This has been like this since January and they have not requested any additional documents from me. Is there something that can be done or is it going to be just a waiting game?
You should be proactive, send them a web form and attach a Letter of Explanation for those missing slips + attach those slips as well. Please hurry up and do it, maybe consult with an RCIC. Do it before they reject your application. Read my signature for more information. Because I was proactive with my application, my application was approved after I sent a web form.

Here is my Facebook's post on Kubeir's Facebook group for your reference:

Hello all, thought I would share my timeline and some takeaways as a courtesy to all the help I've got here:
Stream: CEC Inland
About me: 1 year Canadian experience, 1 year foreign work experience
ITA: September 14, 2022 (cut-off score: 510, my score: 512)
AOR: November 10, 2022
Medical passed: November 24, 2022
Background check completed: January 31, 2023
Eligibility In Progress: February 13, 2023
Requested GCMS notes: March 1, 2023
GCMS notes received: April 5, 2023 (found out that my foreign work experience was with an incorrect NOC code, and they put in "Recommend Interview" for my Eligibility)
RCIC 1-hour consultation: April 6, 2023
Web form sent: April 26, 2023 (I sent a 22-page long document to acknowledge that I used the incorrect NOC code, and sent them an updated NOC code that I thought would be more accurate. I used a table to explain why the new NOC code is the correct NOC for my job, based on the lead statement, index of titles, employment requirements, and duties outlined for this NOC. I only wrote 6 pages, the rest were screenshots and photos)
Contact MP: May 15, 2023
MP responded with IRCC's update: May 19, 2023 (same information as the one I got from my GCMS notes) They said I was recommended for an interview so the usual processing time will not apply to my case.
~At this point, I had exhausted all of the options available to me, so I kind of let it go, meaning I didn't care too much as I already got the PGWP extension in hand (May 29, 2023)~
Approval email/ Portal 1: May 30, 2023
Portal 2: May 31, 2023
e-COPR: June 8, 2023
Visa Office: Vancouver then Kitchener; approval email and e-COPR from Etobicoke

My takeaways:
  • You should have the basic knowledge of the stream you were applying under. Knowledge is power!
  • As I observe from people around me, the applications usually get approved in 1, 2 or 3 months. If it's longer than 3 months and you don't hear anything, start applying for GCMS notes. This is my life savior as without it, I wouldn't know about my incorrect NOC code to act on it. When you have your GCMS notes, thoroughly study it. You can even book some time with an RCIC to see what options you have.
  • If everything is Completed on your tracker, I don't think GCMS note can help much as at that point, everything is good on your end, and you only need to wait for the approval email.
  • Other people's experiences are of their own, you can read and learn from them, but don't read too much into it - meaning don't be scared. Every application is different.

I applied everything on my own, I only paid $150 more for a 1-hour consultation.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Dreamer01