+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is considered to be a "straight-forward" application?

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Married for 20 years, 6 kids, no criminality, no security problems.

PMM
But with most cases, that isn't the situation.
There must be other ways of being a straight-forward case even if you haven't been married that long or had that many kids.
I mean we had known each other for almost 2 years, lived together for a little over a year, and can't have kids because of him being infertile due to cystic fibrosis which he can't help.

There must be other evidence that points toward a straight forward case.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ColorMePanda said:
But with most cases, that isn't the situation.
There must be other ways of being a straight-forward case even if you haven't been married that long or had that many kids.
I mean we had known each other for almost 2 years, lived together for a little over a year, and can't have kids because of him being infertile due to cystic fibrosis which he can't help.

There must be other evidence that points toward a straight forward case.
1. The list is endless, you asked an open ended question and my reply defines a straight forward case.
2. What CIC/CHC looks at is the bona fides, i.e. do you speak the same language, was the marriage the norm for the country where it was performed, was it legal, have the couple known each other, was it arranged, who was the matchmaker, who attended the marriage ceremony, the list goes on and on.

PMM

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For some reason I think PMM is right, at least it certainly seems so ... we have been living together for 3 years and just celebrated our 4 year anniversary, still our application was sent to the local office for additional checks or whatever. We did not get married yet because of some family issues and we don't have kids (yey!). So, that is considered not straight forward.

Cheers and good luck to everyone, Raccoon

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009
I don't know what would be classified as "straight -forward" as I guess it varies from one person's point of view to another. In my case, my husband is much older than me,we are different races, speak different languages, have no kids, but we had been together since 2001, got married in 2009.So I would think the duration of your relationship counts too. Also, even though we are from very different cultures, we did work in the same filed (he's a paramedic and I am a nurse), so we have no problem communicating with each other.

And we had a small wedding ceremony without my family's attendance (due to health and other issues), but we did have my husband's closest friends and people who really cared about us in the ceremony, I guess it showed in our wedding pictures:) Anyway we did explain to CIC on paper that the reason why my family could not attend the wedding this time and that we planned on to renew our vow in Asia later when we can , so my family can feel the joy too.

Looking back at my application, I thought we did not put everything in there as i did not send them any of our emails or chat logs, did not send in our joint bank account statement, and I am sure the list goes on. But at the end of the day, it is the CIC agent who looked at your profile and then made a decision if they consider it as "straight forward" or not. So part of it is up to faith!But always keep your faith and hope for the best.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
PMM said:
Hi

Married for 20 years, 6 kids, no criminality, no security problems.

PMM
I read of a case on CANLII where the man and woman had been married for 14 years and had five kids (the wife was pregnant with the fifth during the application processing time), and the wife's application was refused because the visa officer DID NOT BELIEVE IT WAS A GENUINE MARRIAGE.
There are no straightforward cases.

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
I read of a case on CANLII where the man and woman had been married for 14 years and had five kids (the wife was pregnant with the fifth during the application processing time), and the wife's application was refused because the visa officer DID NOT BELIEVE IT WAS A GENUINE MARRIAGE.
There are no straightforward cases.
Wow that is depressing .....

F

Fernandita

Ohh, thats terrible, Did they give you the reasons why they dont believe is not genuine?

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i have to agree it really varies straight forward just means believable and what is believable to one isnt to another my husband and i have in no way shape or form a traditional marriage and yet we were accepted very quickly while i know a woman with three kids and who has been with her husband for over a decade who has been refused twice

F

Fernandita

Why? Refusing twice a couple with 3 kids... I cant believe it!! so it has to be a miracle that they accept you....

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Fernandita said:
Ohh, thats terrible, Did they give you the reasons why they dont believe is not genuine?
Uh, yeah, the cases on CANLII outline why the visa officer said no, but in this case... One would almost have to think the VO was on crack.
They won on appeal, but appeals take time (usually more than a year) and money - not to mention the stress involved - and this was a case where obviously the couple has a real marriage.

F

Fernandita

I cant believe it.. Im still in shock... So not even a kid helps you in sponsorship process.... well, I just hope my case wont be refused...