+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is an "Application Principal Fee" ??

Jack_Scarlett

Aug 25, 2013
Ontario Canada (as a visitor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

My soon to be husband and I are looking into the sponsorship process for after we get married. I just have a question. I see that there are 3 fee's (two of which do not apply for me, I dont think) I see a Application fee of $75 & the other fee of $550. My fiance and I spoke to a lawyer a few months ago and he said that to start the sponsorship process it will cost about $575-$600 So my fiance says that this application called the "Application Principal" Does not apply to us (its $475) however I really don't know.We're just trying to sort out how much we need to budget to start this, so im wondering...do we have to pay for this "Application Principal" fee on top of the other 2 fee's? How much did it cost you guys to start the sponsorship? I realize I also need to get my medical and my criminal check before hand too, huh?

Thank you all for the input. Sorry for posting so many questions, its kinda an intimidating process :O

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

PR fees:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1040

You can choose to pay only the first 2 upfront and wait for CIC to request the RPRF. However, not paying the RPRF upfront can delay your app when CIC needs to request it and wait for the payment, so it's advised to pay the full amount upfront.

Yes, you will need to have your medical done and obtain all PCCs before submitting the app.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

PR fees:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1040

You can choose to pay only the first 2 upfront and wait for CIC to request the RPRF. However, not paying the RPRF upfront can delay your app when CIC needs to request it and wait for the payment, so it's advised to pay the full amount upfront.

Yes, you will need to have your medical done and obtain all PCCs before submitting the app.
What tree do these misinformed Immigration lawyers grow on?