+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what if my PR is approved when i am on my student visa in canada?

complexcanada

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaam. I am from Pakistan.My father has applied for PR in canada and we are waiting for medical . i have recently been offered admission in a University in canada in MSc and my classes are going to start in january 2011.

1)I wanted to ask if our PR is approved when i am in canada on my student visa how will i do my medicals?
2)How the PR visa will be stamped on my passport as i will be already in canada?
3)Will my student visa be canceled and they will issue me new visa?

I have request to the seniors and members to kindly clear my confusion and if you can find the reference of any official site regarding this ,kindly let me know.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
complexcanada said:
Salaam. I am from Pakistan.My father has applied for PR in canada and we are waiting for medical . i have recently been offered admission in a University in canada in MSc and my classes are going to start in january 2011.

1)I wanted to ask if our PR is approved when i am in canada on my student visa how will i do my medicals?..
you can goto any DMP to get your medicals done. your location/doctor really doesnt matter
2)How the PR visa will be stamped on my passport as i will be already in canada?

this is not a big issue at all. I think you may have to goto canadian emabassy (which processed your family PR file )3)

Will my student visa be canceled and they will issue me new visa?

probably yes. you can use only one visa at any point of time.
I have request to the seniors and members to kindly clear my confusion and if you can find the reference of any official site regarding this ,kindly let me know.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
complexcanada said:

1)I wanted to ask if our PR is approved when i am in canada on my student visa how will i do my medicals?
3)Will my student visa be canceled and they will issue me new visa?

1. You can have your medicals done at a DMP in Canada.
2. When a request for the passports is received, you must send your passport to the visa office assessing your file for visa stamping I assume this is Islamabad.
3. It is not cancelled when the new visa is issued. But when you land as a pr, you no longer need a student visa. It will no longer any purpose as you will be free to study wherever you want. And, after landing as a pr, you will no longer be required to pay student tuition at international rates.

complexcanada

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ legalcitizen and @ rjessome ................Thanks to both of you for answering my question........ There is a little confusion in point 2......

I dont have to leave canada for stamping my visa?..... right....... as my case is in chc Islamabad so i just have to send them my passport by post.........