+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what if immigration- submission deadlines are not met

lukewalker

Aug 30, 2009
hi i am currently working in the United states since past 4 years, nearly 5-6 years back when i was in India, i had applied for
Canadian immigration, now in 2009, i am through with my medical and now the Canadian consulate in Delhi, wants me to submit
my passport within next 45 days if i fail to submit, my application will be rejected.

I would like to know what would happen if we fail to submit the documents within that deadline, do we have to again reapply
Does anybody have a similar experience, i am tied up with work in the US, and i am worried since i may be allowed goto india for a short time.I have been told by my agent, that the Canadian high commision in New Delhi keeps the submitted passport for 1 month minimum to
max 4 months for processing.I am surprised that they take so much time, is it possible that we could personally goto delhi
and request the passport back within 10 days, i cannot afford to come to india for 4 months and risk my job,i can max
afford 1 month to 20 days.I would like to know if anyone has similar experience and what can be done to avert from keeping
the passport with the embassy for one month.Any clue

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lukewalker said:
hi i am currently working in the United states since past 4 years, nearly 5-6 years back when i was in India, i had applied for
Canadian immigration, now in 2009, i am through with my medical and now the Canadian consulate in Delhi, wants me to submit
my passport within next 45 days if i fail to submit, my application will be rejected.

I would like to know what would happen if we fail to submit the documents within that deadline, do we have to again reapply
Does anybody have a similar experience, i am tied up with work in the US, and i am worried since i may be allowed goto india for a short time.I have been told by my agent, that the Canadian high commision in New Delhi keeps the submitted passport for 1 month minimum to
max 4 months for processing.I am surprised that they take so much time, is it possible that we could personally goto delhi
and request the passport back within 10 days, i cannot afford to come to india for 4 months and risk my job,i can max
afford 1 month to 20 days.I would like to know if anyone has similar experience and what can be done to avert from keeping
the passport with the embassy for one month.Any clue
You don't have to go, you can authorize someone trustworthy to carry you passport to India and then have a relative mail/courier to CHC ND. They will send it back to the address in India, and then you have an authorized person carry it back to you in the US. Otherwise, you don't submit the passport, they refuse, and you start again from the beginning.

PMM

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

Contact your nearby Indian Embassy / Consulate.
You can send the Passports through the Embassy to New Delhi Canadian Consulate.

All the Best

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

manianz47 said:
Hi

All the Best
Are you sure? This is the first that I have ever heard of that happening.

PMM

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
manianz47 said:
Hi

All the Best
Are you quoting a personal experience or is this just a proposal.

Well Lukewalker congrats on the request for passport request. If you can manage a month of leave it may work. I have read posts of several persons with the same issue. They send their passport to Delhi with covering letter + return ticket copy requesting stamping asap citing the possibility of losing jobs in their country of residence if they cannot go back. People have got their passports back within 3 weeks.

Delhi does not permit passport submission/collection in person as far as I am aware of.

Alternatively send the passports through an authorised person and arrange it to be brought back to you the same way. Do not miss the deadline. All the best.

I think you may be aware that the immigration system for canada has drastically changed and now only people in 38 job categories can apply.

Can you share your AOR and medical timelines please. Thanks

lukewalker

Aug 30, 2009
Hi
Thanks for your replies , thanks for your response Mr Singh. currently i am currently working on h1b visa in the united states. I had been given Sep 19th timeline and was told to come immediately to submit my passport to New Delhi, i sent a request letter to canadian high commission asking for an extension, requested them that i could be able to come there in december,i got an email on 15th sept that they granted me 45 days extension , i still dont know if the extension applies from 19th sept or from the day they sent an email 15 th sept.So i am considering my deadline to be 30th of october. I had contacted US consulate in chicago, but they said sending passport by mail is illegal, thats it! They told me even you mail your passport, all countries immigration depts usually keep track of dates of exit and entry, and if during entry to india ,indian immigration officials notice that my passport has some foreign visa stamp(Canadian PR) done in India, when actually their immigration record shows that you have never physically entered India, then it would be considered illegal.Anyway's
I am determined to take a months leave and go there.
Since i cant keep taking frequent 1 month leaves, i have to club the following tasks in this 3.2 weeks i am going to get
1. Get an h1b stamped in mumbai
2. Once i get my stamped passport, submit the same to canadian high commision delhi( will include return ticket and letter as Mr Singh
adviced)
3. Had marriage plans with my gf in december, but since i ended up coming this october, i am planning to marry her in october.

My questions here are:
1. Are there any h1b candidates here who faced problems at US port of entry, where US officials might have said
"Hey i see a PR stamp of Canada on your passport, we wont allow you entry in the United states" have there any such cases
where h1b workers were denied entry at port of entry, because they have passport stamp denoting PR for another country"
2. Regarding spouse, what are the procedures to file a spouse visa for canada?
3 Mr Singh when you said canadian rules have drastically changed, i wish to know are you talking about workers and their skills in demand. Wish to know more about what area were you specifying.

Once again thank you all for your help. Would be happy if you could answer my above queries

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lukewalker said:
Hi
Thanks for your replies , thanks for your response Mr Singh. currently i am currently working on h1b visa in the united states. I had been given Sep 19th timeline and was told to come immediately to submit my passport to New Delhi, i sent a request letter to canadian high commission asking for an extension, requested them that i could be able to come there in december,i got an email on 15th sept that they granted me 45 days extension , i still dont know if the extension applies from 19th sept or from the day they sent an email 15 th sept.So i am considering my deadline to be 30th of october. I had contacted US consulate in chicago, but they said sending passport by mail is illegal, thats it! They told me even you mail your passport, all countries immigration depts usually keep track of dates of exit and entry, and if during entry to india ,indian immigration officials notice that my passport has some foreign visa stamp(Canadian PR) done in India, when actually their immigration record shows that you have never physically entered India, then it would be considered illegal.Anyway's
I am determined to take a months leave and go there.
Since i cant keep taking frequent 1 month leaves, i have to club the following tasks in this 3.2 weeks i am going to get
1. Get an h1b stamped in mumbai
2. Once i get my stamped passport, submit the same to canadian high commision delhi( will include return ticket and letter as Mr Singh
adviced)
3. Had marriage plans with my gf in december, but since i ended up coming this october, i am planning to marry her in october.

My questions here are:
1. Are there any h1b candidates here who faced problems at US port of entry, where US officials might have said
"Hey i see a PR stamp of Canada on your passport, we wont allow you entry in the United states" have there any such cases
where h1b workers were denied entry at port of entry, because they have passport stamp denoting PR for another country"
2. Regarding spouse, what are the procedures to file a spouse visa for canada?
3 Mr Singh when you said canadian rules have drastically changed, i wish to know are you talking about workers and their skills in demand. Wish to know more about what area were you specifying.

Once again thank you all for your help. Would be happy if you could answer my above queries
1. DON'T Marry before you "land" as a PR, your visa will be invalid and if you "land" your wife will not be a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored.
2. An H1B is an H1B the US doesn't care if you are a PR.

PMM

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Marriage is out of question if you do not wish to complicate things for yourself and your PR. If you marry before you send the passport for the stamping then you have to inform chc delhi and then update cic forms again, get medicals for your wife, delay of several months. If you marry and your visa is stampted during this time, it will no longer be valid as your family composition has changed and you will never be able to sponsor your wife to canada.

When I wrote things have changed drastically with canadian immigration it was in response to your idea of reapplying. You will have to fall within the 38 jobs category to apply. As you have decided to submit your passport for the stamping so the above is not applicable.

I am not sure but the extension should be applicable form the expiry of the period given to you before i.e. if your earlier 45 days period expired on say 30th sept + 45 days. Do not forget to get a printout of the email reply from chc and send it along with the passport proving that they gave you extension.

Regarding H1B issues I have no knowledge.

All the best.

Could you kindly share your AOR (year/month you applied) and medical timelines please.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Hi Lukewalker.

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for sharing your timelines. I tried to PM you but your inbox seems full.

Well I have not heard anything about submitting and collection of stamped passport in person at CHC Delhi. But if you have got some positive feedback on the issue that is great hope. Have you explored the possibility of sending them an email enquiry regarding in person submission and collection of passport.

It will be kind of you if you could keep us updated on how you proceed on the issue mentioned above. Your help is much appreciated.

You seems to be very lucky in getting to this stage of your immigration process . 2004 Delhi applicants processing after update of documents seems to be stuck. Even Jan 2004 applicants have not received medicals yet. Lucky man. Good luck to you.

Regards
Singh

Qazeem

Jun 1, 2017
Ok so I have serious question about my application. Well more like my wife's. I sponsored her recently and she got an email from cic last month for her medical. But due to some difficulties she couldn't receive her emails. So when she finally got around to checking her emails her 30 days had expired. Is there a chance for her to still get an extension and get her medical done. Because now she's beating her self up for not receiving her emails and checking them. Please tell me there is still a chance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ok so I have serious question about my application. Well more like my wife's. I sponsored her recently and she got an email from cic last month for her medical. But due to some difficulties she couldn't receive her emails. So when she finally got around to checking her emails her 30 days had expired. Is there a chance for her to still get an extension and get her medical done. Because now she's beating her self up for not receiving her emails and checking them. Please tell me there is still a chance.
1. Tell her to have the medical, it is unlikely IRCC will refuse her application because of a short delay.

Qazeem

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,
Thank you for the quick reply.

How short is a short delay though? It's been a week (7 days) since the medical request has been expired. Is that an okay time? And if my wife should go through with the medical. Should she just send it in without apologizing for the delay or should she send a written apology with the medical?

Thank you.

Hi

1. Tell her to have the medical, it is unlikely IRCC will refuse her application because of a short delay.