+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I decline my ITA?

yp09121993

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hey Guys,
I am posting this question just to clear my doubt on declining an ITA. I have submitted my EE profile and I met eligibility criteria for 2 streams. I am claiming 1 year work experience from my NOC B job. I am absolutely sure that I will get ITA in the next draw. I will complete my 1 year experience on 15th September 2021 so it would be wise for me to decline ITA issued before 15th September.
So, If I decline my ITA, Do I still get ITA if I meet minimum cut-off points of the next draw or are there any adverse effect on my profile?

Thank you for your response!

Last edited:

miguelca

May 6, 2021
If you decline this invitation, and you still meet the Express Entry criteria, your Express Entry profile will become
active again. Your profile will remain valid until the original expiry date (i.e., the rest of the 365 days from that
date of your original Express Entry submission) and will be considered for future rounds of invitation until that
time.

NOTE: Previous receipt of an Invitation to Apply is no guarantee that you will be again invited to apply for
permanent residence, so please make an informed decision.
To decline this invitation to apply for permanent residence, log into your account and click on the “Decline
Invitation” button. Your Express Entry profile will become active again.

Reactions: yp09121993

yp09121993

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
If you decline this invitation, and you still meet the Express Entry criteria, your Express Entry profile will become
active again. Your profile will remain valid until the original expiry date (i.e., the rest of the 365 days from that
date of your original Express Entry submission) and will be considered for future rounds of invitation until that
time.

NOTE: Previous receipt of an Invitation to Apply is no guarantee that you will be again invited to apply for
permanent residence, so please make an informed decision.
To decline this invitation to apply for permanent residence, log into your account and click on the “Decline
Invitation” button. Your Express Entry profile will become active again.
Thank you Miguelca for clarifying!

G2 Tango

Nov 11, 2021
I am in a similar situation right now. I may have to decline. My submission date is Dec 13, and my score is 1062. What are the chances that my profile will be picked up before the expiry of my PNP (April 2022)?
The reason for my decline decision is Singapore police clearance, which is likely to get delayed due to the Covid situation in Singapore.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I am in a similar situation right now. I may have to decline. My submission date is Dec 13, and my score is 1062. What are the chances that my profile will be picked up before the expiry of my PNP (April 2022)?
The reason for my decline decision is Singapore police clearance, which is likely to get delayed due to the Covid situation in Singapore.
If it is due to PCC, you don't have to decline your ITA.
Go ahead and submit the application with the LOE stating that the PCC application is submitted with valid proofs for the same.
Also upload the PCC appointment proof and any other proofs that show you have requested for PCC and it is taking time.
You have time until dec to submit your application, wait until then.