+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what happens when job bank opens ?

Hanna123

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi,
Can someone explain the procedure once the job bank opens? Employers will look at the profiles and finds the best fit and then what?
They will call you up and conduct interviews and then offer you a job and then apply for LIMA ?

Thanks

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Hanna123 said:
Hi,
Can someone explain the procedure once the job bank opens? Employers will look at the profiles and finds the best fit and then what?
They will call you up and conduct interviews and then offer you a job and then apply for LIMA ?

Thanks
I'm afraid at this point, nobody knows.

I believe in theory at first, candidates will be able to view jobs listed and apply for them, at which point employers could choose to interview etc, then go through the route of applying for LMIA.
The Job Match feature that should come later in the year is designed to automatically match employers up with potential employees I believe.

But once again, nobody knows right now.

Hanna123

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
doubleym said:
I'm afraid at this point, nobody knows.

I believe in theory at first, candidates will be able to view jobs listed and apply for them, at which point employers could choose to interview etc, then go through the route of applying for LMIA.
The Job Match feature that should come later in the year is designed to automatically match employers up with potential employees I believe.

But once again, nobody knows right now.
Thanks for your reply. How about all the people who already have job offers and have those extra 600 points ? How did they get the job offers ?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Hanna123 said:
Thanks for your reply. How about all the people who already have job offers and have those extra 600 points ? How did they get the job offers ?
Pretty sure all of them are already in Canada working under temporary permits that needed an LMIA anyway.

JamesMilla

Dec 27, 2014
The job bank is open! There are plenty of job listings. If they can't find a suitable Canadian candidate, they can hire you.