+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if we don't pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee at the start?

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've received ITA but do not expect I'll be able to pay both the Processing Fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee simultaneously. If I differ paying the RPRF until CIC request it, what will be the ramifications? I.e., will my application take drastically longer; does it risk my application being rejected altogether?

Thanks all,

Tom

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Well, at the first stage they check for completeness and one of items they check is if they actually received your payment. Meaning , is the payment cleared by their bank and what was paid. the only option you can differ is RPRF and not the processing fee or bio-metrics (If applicable).

Now, if you have not submitted your eAPR yet, I highly recommend you paying the RPRF upfront, as checking once at the very beginning will result in seamless process throughout you journey till PPR. Now, if you did submit your eAPR , then during the processing of your application (debated when exactly will they send), IRCC will request you to make a second payment only for PPRF.

Back to your question , is it going to be drastically delay your application? Simple answer is NO. But it definitely will delay it versus others whom have paid it upfront and which have been verified to have done so at the very beginning.

Goodluck.

Reactions: Shahanastar

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Well, at the first stage they check for completeness and one of items they check is if they actually received your payment. Meaning , is the payment cleared by their bank and what was paid. the only option you can differ is RPRF and not the processing fee or bio-metrics (If applicable).

Now, if you have not submitted your eAPR yet, I highly recommend you paying the RPRF upfront, as checking once at the very beginning will result in seamless process throughout you journey till PPR. Now, if you did submit your eAPR , then during the processing of your application (debated when exactly will they send), IRCC will request you to make a second payment only for PPRF.

Back to your question , is it going to be drastically delay your application? Simple answer is NO. But it definitely will delay it versus others whom have paid it upfront and which have been verified to have done so at the very beginning.

Goodluck.
Thanks for your advice!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've received ITA but do not expect I'll be able to pay both the Processing Fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee simultaneously. If I differ paying the RPRF until CIC request it, what will be the ramifications? I.e., will my application take drastically longer; does it risk my application being rejected altogether?

Thanks all,

Tom
There's no ramification.
They'll ask you for it when they need to complete your application.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am not sure about whether it will delay your application, as there are some cases where RPRF was paid upfront but they are still waiting for PPR whereas a few who got RPRF request later and received their PPR quicker than others. So it's all based on individual cases.

They will ask you to pay RPRF at a later date. Probably within a few weeks after you pass medicals or towards the end when your application is approved.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't paid RPRF upfront either. However, I haven't received a request to pay yet. But it will eventually come, so nothing to worry about.

zohasamreen4

Nov 2, 2023
I am not sure about whether it will delay your application, as there are some cases where RPRF was paid upfront but they are still waiting for PPR whereas a few who got RPRF request later and received their PPR quicker than others. So it's all based on individual cases.

They will ask you to pay RPRF at a later date. Probably within a few weeks after you pass medicals or towards the end when your application is approved.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't paid RPRF upfront either. However, I haven't received a request to pay yet. But it will eventually come, so nothing to worry about.
How long did it take for you to get rprf requests