+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after permanent residency approval?

katieduncan

Sep 17, 2008
Hi!

I'm a Canadian citizen who lives in London, England and is, unfortunately, having to deal with the CIC office in London. In my experience they are very inefficient, to say the least!! Anyone else think that?

I have been approved to sponsor my british-born husband and now we are waiting for his permanent residency to come through. We applied back in April 2008. We know his papers are in the 'final stages,' whatever that means, but his medical is going to expire on Apr. 11 and we are anxious to know if they expect us to drop everything and leave if we don't receive his papers until end of March or early April. On the one hand they tell us not to quit our jobs, sell our property and buy plane tickets, but they also want us to be in Canada by the time his medical expires on April 11. And because it has taken so long ( and might I add, along a very bumpy road due to the CIC London office) to get to this point (final stages) we think it may take a while still until we get anything in the post and are worried it won't come until after his medical expires.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom or at least some information regarding this issue? Or is anyone else going through this?

Stressed and anxious in London!!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Sometimes a visa office will elect to extend the medical results in order to give an applicant time to land - but that is completely at their discretion. Seems you're really close to the outside limits of London's processing times - have you ordered your CAIPS notes for information about what has delayed processing? London is actually one of the "smoother" offices as far as processing is concerned . . . but it's typical of any office to put a "complicated" application on a shelf somewhere. Buffalo did the same with ours . . . complication, so they stuck it in a pile somewhere and nobody touched it from June 14th until December 19th. I know you're in London, but if you have family in Canada, you could try to contact their MP and see whether they'd be willing to make an inquiry on your behalf. (I wouldn't tell them you're living overseas.)

katieduncan

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for your response!

We have already contacted our MP and that is how we know my husband's papers are in the 'final stages.' But as far as the London CIC office replying to my email enquiring about our papers, they don't respond and you can't get hold of anyone through a call, so it is very frustrating.

Thanks for the advice about looking at our notes. I'll get on that right now!

katieduncan

Sep 17, 2008
We got the news today!! My husband's papers came today in the post!! Wooohooo!

We now know that we have submit his passport, with 2 photos and a form they sent him and his passport will be ready to pick up ten days later!

Very relieved in London!

nabs

Nov 30, 2008
Hi katie,
Good to hear that that your husban's got PPR. My case was started processing in My 20 and its been now 9 months. Everything is done they are just waiting for Information pending from pakistan. i had an interview on 26th nov and it was successful.

My medical has expired on this FEB 20th and GOD knows what they are gonna ask me now? i am so frustrated and this whole process is nerve wrecking.

wish you goodluck to both of you in your life.

Nabs

nabs

Nov 30, 2008
HI katie can you plz tell me the starting date of your file processing in London CHC?

Thanks.

Nabs