+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happen if I didn't complete the 2 years of work within 3

ipg

Oct 10, 2009
I need some advise in regards of what will be my best option for applying to my PR.

I have been working as a Live in Caregiver, but I will complete the 24 months in 37 months and not 36 months. Should I apply for the PR anyhow or should I start the process all over again? What are the chances that immigration will provide me with a new LMO. My employer is willing to hire me for another 2 years. I am just not sure what are my best options.

If somebody knows anything about it, please let me know.

Thanks,

tfagnan

Oct 27, 2009
Did you receive any advice on this yet? My nanny is in the same situation. She will have 24 months in 38 months. Her work permit and visa is good until April, but 24 months is up in January.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Would working longer hours per month help? If you still have several months to go before the three years is up, would working extra hours and extra days compensate for the needed number of hours to complete the equivalent of 24 months (that is in terms of hours)? Just a thought.

Based on the guidelines LICs (Live In Caregiver) need to finish the 24 months in 3 years before the LIC can apply for PR. This implies that if the LIC failed to do that, then this implies the LIC can start the process all over again. But the employer must still work within the guidelines of HSRDC as to the ads and show efforts of recruiting a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tfagnan said:
I have only read 24 months in 36 months. No mention of hours anywhere.
Yes, you're right. "Hours" is not mentioned for the Live In Caregiver Program. I was thinking of the CEC. I am assuming the LIC can start the process again if she failed to finish the 24 months in three years before applying as PR. As I have written, it was just a thought.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf

Check the section 9.5. "Acceptable evidence of two years’ employment" (P. 12) and count again.

If you still don't meet the requirement, check the example refusal letter to see what will happen.

If you do not meet the 2 years in 3 requirement, you will need to keep going until you do...