+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What EXACTLY Happens During the Medical Phase ?

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
Hi All,

What exacly happens during the medical phase? :

1. How long does the medical phase usually takes? Or does it depend on how fast the applicant can undertake all the required medical tests?

2. What medical tests are usually required? (tubercolosis, diabetis, etc ?)

3. Who will send the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate? Will the doctor/s directly send the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate or will the doctors forward the medical results to the applicant?

3.1 If the doctor/s will directly forward the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate, how does the applicant ensure that the doctor/s have submitted the medical results to Canadian Emabassy/Consulate the earliest possible time?

3.2 If the doctor/s will directly forward the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate, is there a proper way for the applicant to know the results of the medical exams? Will the doctor/s inform the applicant about the outcome of the medical tests prior to submitting the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate?

4. Is it possible for the applicant to complete all the medical tests required within one week?

5. What is the next phase after the medical phase?

Leon, NewYorker, PMM, BobbyB, and other knowledgeable on the said topic kindly share your views.

-tanya321

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/search/index.aspx

search for dmp in pdf. Go to Chapter 11 and you will see:
Chapter 11:
Canadian Immigration
Medical Examinations

Read all, almost all your questions will be answered.

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
BobbyB, thanx for the link.

Some of my questions were anwered.

However, may I ask those who had actual Medical tests already. Since there are several Medical tests that will be conducted, which means there will be SEVERAL doctors that will be attending to my Medical tests. Is there a particular/assigned doctor who will be tasked to submit the Medical documents/results to the Canadian Consulate? Is there a single/individual whom I could followup to submit my Medical tests to Canadian Consulate once the Medical tests are all completed ?

NewYorker I believe you are already done with Medicals. Kindly share your actual views/experiences on these?

Other knowledgeable people who who have completed their actual Medical tests, kindly share your actual views/experiences.

tanya321

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Yes I have did the medicals, it was not that bad and went smoothly;

Went to the Dr. Office, he gave me some forms to fill, I filled out forms and paid his fee and gave him the pictures for each applicant. Then he gave me some forms and sent me to perform an x-ray for chest. The lab was next door and we completed the X-ray, quickly the Dr. checked the X-Ray and told us that they are perfect. Next they took Blood, measure weight, height, examined chest, lungs, eyes etc. (no need to take your clothes out). We also gave urine samples.

That's about it that I remember. We sign some papers and we was out. It was a thorough exam but not painful.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
tanya321 said:
Hi All,

What exacly happens during the medical phase? :

1. How long does the medical phase usually takes? Or does it depend on how fast the applicant can undertake all the required medical tests?

2. What medical tests are usually required? (tubercolosis, diabetis, etc ?)

3. Who will send the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate? Will the doctor/s directly send the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate or will the doctors forward the medical results to the applicant?

3.1 If the doctor/s will directly forward the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate, how does the applicant ensure that the doctor/s have submitted the medical results to Canadian Emabassy/Consulate the earliest possible time?

3.2 If the doctor/s will directly forward the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate, is there a proper way for the applicant to know the results of the medical exams? Will the doctor/s inform the applicant about the outcome of the medical tests prior to submitting the medical results to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate?

4. Is it possible for the applicant to complete all the medical tests required within one week?

5. What is the next phase after the medical phase?

Leon, NewYorker, PMM, BobbyB, and other knowledgeable on the said topic kindly share your views.

-tanya321
1. One to three hours depending on X-rays lab waiting time and Doctor availability.
2. TB (yes), some STD but no diabetes unless you claim on the form you have it then they will have to do extra serum test for you.
3. Doctor is responsible to send the results to Ottawa. They will then review and process it.
3.1. You will have to ask the doctor to send the results with a traceable courier, you will then get the tracking number from doctor and confirm that it is delivered.
3.2. Doctor will not inform you about the result prior to submitting, they will just submit whatever it will be, the visa office will then review and decide on it and will contact you if there is something wrong - The doctor will let you know if you have any health related problem.
4. Medical test will only take one day, no need to do it in a week, when you go to the DMP, you need to complete the tests on the same day.
5. If all is good and you pass the medical, next phase is PPR.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is controlled Type2 Diabetes a disadvantage to an Applicant? Better said, can Type2 diabetes lead to refusal?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
BobbyB said:
Is controlled Type2 Diabetes a disadvantage to an Applicant? Better said, can Type2 diabetes lead to refusal?
No, if someone have that, they will do extra test for your kidneys, if the kidney tests are fine you will be OK.

So you will not get rejected simply because you have type 2 diabetes.