+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does mean by Continuous Employment

Royel

May 10, 2015
Hi,
Could any one explain what does mean by continuous employment?
Does it mean that I have to have continuous employment for certain period under single employer or continuous employment for the certain period but under several employer is ok?

Thanks

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
#1:- Continuous Employment One or more periods of service in the Public Service, as defined in the Public Service Superannuation Act (PSSA), with allowable breaks only as provided for in the terms and conditions of employment applicable to the employee.

Sick leave;
Severance pay;
Pension
Insurances; and
Annual leave in certain collective agreements.

#2:- Continuous Service An unbroken period of Public Service employment (see PSSA). Continuous service is broken when employment ceases for at least one compensation day between two periods of Public Service employment.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still i can't understand if someone has employment in different 2 places under the same NOC and each one was for more than a year or two.. still they count the sum of it if there was a gap between them or not ?!!

Royel

May 10, 2015
vehla_ji said:
#1:- Continuous Employment One or more periods of service in the Public Service, as defined in the Public Service Superannuation Act (PSSA), with allowable breaks only as provided for in the terms and conditions of employment applicable to the employee.

Sick leave;
Severance pay;
Pension
Insurances; and
Annual leave in certain collective agreements.

#2:- Continuous Service An unbroken period of Public Service employment (see PSSA). Continuous service is broken when employment ceases for at least one compensation day between two periods of Public Service employment.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However, still I am not clear properly. My situation is:
I started work February 2012 under a partnership business, and in october 2012 business legal entity has been changed to limited company and this mean my employer has been changed.
In that case, my employment would be continuous? or not?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea why one poster thinks the Public Service Superannuation Act might apply to potential immigrants.

Here is how CIC explains its definition of continuous employment:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob173.asp

HTH.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Lammawitch said:
I have no idea why one poster thinks the Public Service Superannuation Act might apply to potential immigrants.

Here is how CIC explains its definition of continuous employment:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob173.asp

HTH.
You are awesome...+1 for the link