+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does it mean Eligibility Completed

Oct 3, 2024
Hi All,

in the application tracker i'm seeing the Eligibility is marked as completed, But on my Express entry profile, it still shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

What does it mean

Hyper1013

Star Member
Aug 21, 2024
I just got a ghost update this morning in my tracker. Now it is showing eligibility as completed for the principal applicant (PA) but not started for the dependent. Is it safe to assume that they are done with thee eligibility part for both since, their focus is more on the PA. We did claim a few points for dependent's education and work experience. Background is still in progress for both since September 27. However, few people got their eCOPRs with the dependent's eligibility showing as not started. I just hope we are close. Any insight is appreciated. Also, tracker is showing that they received information on October 10 and will let us know if they need anything else. But we didn't send them anything else. Is this normal?

Oct 3, 2024
I just got a ghost update this morning in my tracker. Now it is showing eligibility as completed for the principal applicant (PA) but not started for the dependent. Is it safe to assume that they are done with thee eligibility part for both since, their focus is more on the PA. We did claim a few points for dependent's education and work experience. Background is still in progress for both since September 27. However, few people got their eCOPRs with the dependent's eligibility showing as not started. I just hope we are close. Any insight is appreciated. Also, tracker is showing that they received information on October 10 and will let us know if they need anything else. But we didn't send them anything else. Is this normal?
I heard about such cases people received eCOPR while the Background verification is still in progress. I don't quite understand how their status updates changes time to time, Very unpredictable. My eligibility is showing completed but background verification is still in progress since Sept 5, Don't know what's there taking so long since i have clean criminal record and my experience is with a very well known MNCs in India & Canada. The documents are having very clear information and point of contact. God knows what visa processing officer is trying to figure out since one month.

Reactions: Hyper1013

Hyper1013

Star Member
Aug 21, 2024
I heard about such cases people received eCOPR while the Background verification is still in progress. I don't quite understand how their status updates changes time to time, Very unpredictable. My eligibility is showing completed but background verification is still in progress since Sept 5, Don't know what's there taking so long since i have clean criminal record and my experience is with a very well known MNCs in India & Canada. The documents are having very clear information and point of contact. God knows what visa processing officer is trying to figure out since one month.
I had another update over the weekend. Background for both PA and dependent got completed as of October 11. However, I received this GU on October 14 (Thanksgiving Day). Now everything is showing as complete apart from the dependent's eligibility. Any idea what it means? Can I expect some positive news soon?