+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do i apply for, PR or Work Permit ? Confused.

JimitBhatt

Sep 8, 2014
Hello to all dear ones,

I want to immigrate to Canada any how and within short period of time. Now problem is that some consultancy use to say that i am eligible for applying PR and some say no.

Can any one guide me and how could i know that whether i am qualified for applying to PR or not. If not then, should i go for Work Permit.

And can i get a good job from my country itself in Canada, so that it gets less burden over me?

My Details :
  • Working as Software Engineer since 1.5 years .
  • Degree: Bachelor's in Computer Engineering

Please rply asap.
Thanks.

sarathuob

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-5-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Send with application
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2015
LANDED..........
WAiting
JimitBhatt said:
Hello to all dear ones,

I want to immigrate to Canada any how and within short period of time. Now problem is that some consultancy use to say that i am eligible for applying PR and some say no.

Can any one guide me and how could i know that whether i am qualified for applying to PR or not. If not then, should i go for Work Permit.

And can i get a good job from my country itself in Canada, so that it gets less burden over me?

My Details :
  • Working as Software Engineer since 1.5 years .
  • Degree: Bachelor's in Computer Engineering

Please rply asap.
Thanks.
with just batchelor in computer eng and just 1.5 year exp i dont think u will be able to apply for PR as meeting points is gonna be hard. IF you had masters then this 1 year exp might be good enough with IELTS score of around 7 . but in this case u may have to score very high score in IELTS something like 8. that might be the reason some agency told you can apply some others told you cant.

Also that category which u can apply as a software professional is like filling up so fast so it might be not a good idea to apply now any way..

And as i said with this least experience i dont think you will get a work visa from Canada and it will be very hard to get interview calls as well.. If you have some relative or someone who can help you to find a job by reference or something and then they can provide you a job offer then it can be much easier. but unless i think its not easy ..

Its just my personal opinion and you can always try and ask for opinions from others. All the best.

sarathuob

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-5-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Send with application
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2015
LANDED..........
WAiting
when you told you are confused i thought both the ways are open for you and just confused about what to apply :D ;D :D ;D..

sarathuob

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-5-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Send with application
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2015
LANDED..........
WAiting
JimitBhatt said:
Thanks buddy :)
you are welcome and may be the best way for you is to take a masters degree course and go as a student and then try for PR from Canada..

JimitBhatt

Sep 8, 2014
Hey .... but it is not possible that with some more , around 2 years of experience i could get better chances.

sarathuob

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-5-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Send with application
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2015
LANDED..........
WAiting
JimitBhatt said:
Hey .... but it is not possible that with some more , around 2 years of experience i could get better chances.
YES you are true. with 2 more years experience you will get better chances but immigrations rules are always changing.. i heard that next year student visa rule might be changing too.. for example in UK if we go in student visa before was good and can settle down by extending to Post study work visa first and then to HSMV(hghly skilled migrant visa ) etc.. but suddently in 2010 they tighten the rules and took of PSW and HSMV so students who go there after that has very less chance to settle down.

You can always keep that an example. so better not to be too late and reach there some how..
skill level is important than experience .. if you are confident of your skill level always u can find some good job