Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-JUN-2010
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2010- Approved as sponsor
File Transfer...
16-JUL-2010 to Kingston
Hey yall,
hope you all are great. Question for you. My husband lives in Jamaican and i myself in Canada. We started the application process in June for his move to Canada. We received an AOR on July 15/10 stating i was approved as a sponsor and that the file was transferred to Kingston for processing and that was the last bit of communication. Any thoughts on what happens next. I will be visiting Jamaica for 3 weeks in December would it be a good idea to go into the CIC office and check on the status of the the application? Please let me know, i know you all must know how frustrating it is being away from your loved ones. Thanks.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Mrs L, if you check the current processing times for Kingston, Jamaica, you will see that your timeline is still well-within the minimum processing time, so I don't think visiting KG will accomplish much. That's just my opinion, though, by all means go ahead and visit if you think it will help.

You can come and join us over on the Kingston, Jamaica thread, you'll find plenty of people sponsoring or being sponsored who are familiar with KG and how it works. My husband will be sponsoring me, and so far they have been of tremendous help in walking me through the process, as well as just sharing experiences so I do not feel so alone tackling the process :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MrsLonelyheart said:
I will be visiting Jamaica for 3 weeks in December would it be a good idea to go into the CIC office and check on the status of the the application? Please let me know...
Going to the visa office to check on the status of the application will not help with the processing times, but I still advise you to go there and check! You'll be in Kingston anyway, so it won't be any problem. I advise people to go check simply because when you and your husband go to check, your visit will be noted on your file. My husband and I did this, and on our CAIPS notes it says "sponsor and applicant here for file check'. This proves that my husband and I were traveling together - something that was questioned in our application. It won't hurt; it may help.

Sep 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-JUN-2010
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2010- Approved as sponsor
File Transfer...
16-JUL-2010 to Kingston
Thank y'all very much for your response on my questions. How do i get on to the kingston thread? Totally a newbie question right lol.

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
Hello everyone,
i am a newbie on this site...but for the person who wants to visit the embassy in Kingston, it may be a waste of time. I was there in July and after waiting in lines and going through security check. I was told that they do not take inquires any more, i must either send email, fax or letter to them. At least someone said their file was updated to show that they had inqurired. for me, the woman just told me as it was and called the next number. shame!!!!
my timeline is as follows:
Got married in October 2009; sent in application at the end of March 2010, (money tight)recieved approval letter from immigration in middle of april; my husband received AoR in May. the website shows his application is in process since May 21, 2010 and i have been waiting ever since. after my visit in July to the embassy, i have sent 3 letters to them (of course, nothing has changed). i hear people are getting approved within 4 months; now i hear it will take 11 to 12 months, if i am lucky....this is so depressing. if we could at least know where they are with the file it would be bad but not so bad, but nothing. this is where the pain is, the unknown. is anyone out there who has applied the same time as me?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Mrs L, just scroll down to the bottom right corner and push the go beside Family Class Spons and it will take you to the main page, scroll down and you will see Kingston, Jamaica. Great group on there and very helpful. Come join us