+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can i do for my spouse?

takemehome

Jan 24, 2010
Hi All,

I applied for canadian PR last year as skilled worker and have been approved for that. I have not moved to canada year planning to go after 2-3 months. Currently i am in US and planning to go back to India some time back this year to get married. Now when i get married will i be able to take my wife with me to canada? What is the process i should follow so that i can go there with my wife.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

takemehome said:
Hi All,

I applied for canadian PR last year as skilled worker and have been approved for that. I have not moved to canada year planning to go after 2-3 months. Currently i am in US and planning to go back to India some time back this year to get married. Now when i get married will i be able to take my wife with me to canada? What is the process i should follow so that i can go there with my wife.
No you won't. If you marry before you "land" your visa is not valid, and you wife will no longer be a member of the family class and can't be sponsored. You have to "land" then return to India to marry and then return to Canada to sponsor your wife.

PMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No you won't. If you marry before you "land" your visa is not valid, and you wife will no longer be a member of the family class and can't be sponsored. You have to "land" then return to India to marry and then return to Canada to sponsor your wife.

PMM
Hi PMM,

I am not kidding. You really deserve to be nominated for Nobel prize, if there would have been any possibility for your numerous legal advices to several Immigration applicants, who have unsolved questions. Cheers!!!.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
takemehome said:
Hi All,

Your family composition changes if you get married before landing. So better to land and then get married, so you can add your wife later.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
wilson said:
Hi PMM,

I am not kidding. You really deserve to be nominated for Nobel prize, if there would have been any possibility for your numerous legal advices to several Immigration applicants, who have unsolved questions. Cheers!!!.
You are right. PMM has been providing invaluable assistance and answers to various questions as well as queries, and that too without prejudice.

"The Eagle has Landed"