+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. offices

Oct 4, 2017
I recall people discussing about application process progress in Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. application process office offices. And I'm confused by these offices and the one in Sydney. (I don't remember the exact name, so please correct me if it's not called "application process office")

What are these Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. offices? If applicant's document is mailed to the sydney office. Why is it sent back these offices?

UPDATE: changed to only one question

Last edited:

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recall people discussing about application process progress in Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. application process office offices. And I'm confused by these offices and the one in Sydney. (I don't remember the exact name, so please correct me if it's not called "application process office")

What are these Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. offices? If applicant's document is mailed to the sydney office. Why is it sent back these offices?

That search key up there is your friend. I don't understand why people don't bother to read the CIC website or other threads and keep posting a new thread.

dunten

Oct 4, 2017
That search key up there is your friend. I don't understand why people don't bother to read the CIC website or other threads and keep posting a new thread.
Nothing wrong with helping if you know the answer as I'm wondering the same thing about Sydney and other offices.

I thought this is why we have this forum? So now can you help with an answer if that's ok with you?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Knowing the answer of why all applications have to be sent to Sydney doesn’t help the application in any possible way, it is just the rule and with or without knowing why you still have to follow

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010

The one in Sydney is the Single Point of Acceptance(POA). They are the only ones who will accept your paper application form.

After preliminary verification, they will issue AOR(Ackn. of Receipt) and then forward your papers to Case Processing Centers(CPC) like Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver/etc. From there it moves to the nearest CIC/IRCC office for interview/test/oath

@dunten

Reactions: dunten

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
@yosemiteranger and @dunten ,

From your standpoint, Only two locations matter: Sydney NS which accepts your paper application forms and your local CIC/IRCC office which conducts test/interview/oath ceremony.

Reactions: dunten

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I don't understand why people don't bother to read other threads and keep posting a new thread.
The forum has two major weak points:
  • Does not have search capabilities
  • The OP cannot update the first message after few hours
People read the first message and the 3 or 4 of the last...