+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my options/streams available to me with distance learning master's

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Hi all, Firstly I'd like to thank you who are helping all the time in the forum I've learnt a lot just from reading your responses.

I earned a Master's degree from a university within Ontario (computer engineering) entirely outside Canada. My program was held entirely during the pandemic (Sept. 2021 - May 2022). This paired with ~1.5 yoe in a tier A NOC (Software Engineer) and age is 24.

I read a new measure from the IRCC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html)
If you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate and completed any part of your program of study or training between March 2020 and August 2022, you’re now eligible for Canadian educational credential points even if you completed the program entirely
  • through distance learning;
  • from outside Canada; or
  • through part-time studies.
This allows me to gain points for my distance learning degree and count it as a Canadian degree, which is a huge boost to my points.
I'm having my IELTS test next week (aiming for 8 across the board) that would get me ~483 point according to the CRS calculator.

So what exactly are my options? I made my homework and with the little knowledge I gained I say that my options are:
- Apply for EE and wait for the FSW draws to cool off to the normal rates pre-pandemic (This is gonna take year(s)!! right?)
- Apply for OINP Human Capital Priorities stream and wait for tech draws or something (This also is unknown as last draw was in Feb 2022)

Any other option for me to apply? and what exactly are my chances in the two options above?

PS:
- I'm not eligible for OINP Master's stream because I don't have any residency in Ontario.
- I'm not eligible for the PGWP that is issued for distance learners as it requires at least an approved study permit. I didn't apply for a study permit because I knew that I won't be able to travel and have my classes in person.

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
So I've just read the OINP (And pnp in general) are aimed for lower scores? last OINP tech draw was 464-467! so my chances are slim there too.
Is there any other program that I'm eligible into and not aware of?