+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We've been called for an INTERVIEW!

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
Ok, after 2 years of going outta our mind we finally received a response from the immigration guys. We have been called for an interview in Feb!
We are thrilled that this daunting process is coming to an end but one thing I've always been confused/intimated about was the actual interview.

WHAT do they ask??!

I've heard a lot of stories about them asking pretty ridiculous things and of interviews going wrong (hell, my own aunt flunked it and it was not a beautiful thing, to say the least). What are some of the key things we should know and remember? Will it be okay if I don't answer a certain question because I don't feel comfortable?

If anyone could give me some ideas/tips, it will be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
they probably pour over the paperwork and ask you about any inconsistencies, for a start. they also probaby ask you about how you met, which side of the bed do you usuallly sleep on, whether you wear boxers or briefs, favourite food, etc. What's the problem? Refusing to answer any questions is definitely a bad sign as far as they will be concerned, and a major mark against you.

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
Gemini13 said:
Ok, after 2 years of going outta our mind we finally received a response from the immigration guys. We have been called for an interview in Feb!
We are thrilled that this daunting process is coming to an end but one thing I've always been confused/intimated about was the actual interview.

WHAT do they ask??!

I've heard a lot of stories about them asking pretty ridiculous things and of interviews going wrong (hell, my own aunt flunked it and it was not a beautiful thing, to say the least). What are some of the key things we should know and remember? Will it be okay if I don't answer a certain question because I don't feel comfortable?

If anyone could give me some ideas/tips, it will be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!
Did you apply inland or outland?

If you applied inland, it could be for the landing...

If you applied outland, then I would order CAIPS Notes [ http://www.immipedia.ca/CAIPS ], to know why they required an interview. But since the interview will be in February, I don't know if there would have enough time. It took 31 days for them to send me the notes, plus a 8-day mailing period.

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
I applied inland and yea the interview is for the landing (which is tomorrow!!). I have nothing to be nervous about but I still feel it! I can barely concentrate on my studies and I have a couple of tests coming up :( :( Oh well...I guess I won't know anything for sure until I get there so just hoping for the best!

Thanks for replying guys :)

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I had a landing interview last week - they didn't ask any questions apart from "so you are legally married and it's registered?" very casually!

My landing interview was great - had an awesome CIC officer who laughed and joked most of the time we were there.

They ask you 3 questions that are on your COPR that you initial.

1) Have you a criminal record

2) Have you ever been refused entry to Canada

3) Have you ever been asked to leave Canada

and finally,

"What colour are your eyes" (and then she looked to check!)

I doubt if you will be asked anything else at this stage.

Good luck and welcome to Canada!

It feels great to land :D