+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Masters & bachelors of Engineering from India

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello friends,

My wife (Indian national) has a masters of engineering (Pune University) and bachelors of engineering (Gujarat University) from India. WES website says in case of masters of engineering only masters degree is required to be evaluated.

Should I get transcripts for bachelors as well to claim points for masters?

Thanks in advance,
nambaliya

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello friends,

My wife (Indian national) has a masters of engineering (Pune University) and bachelors of engineering (Gujarat University) from India. WES website says in case of masters of engineering only masters degree is required to be evaluated.

Should I get transcripts for bachelors as well to claim points for masters?

Thanks in advance,
nambaliya
Incorrect.

As per WES, both Bachelors and Masters should be evaluated if you have Masters as the highest degree in education (specifically for India).

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Incorrect.

As per WES, both Bachelors and Masters should be evaluated if you have Masters as the highest degree in education (specifically for India).
But as per required documents mentioned here https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/ it clearly says the following:

"For applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma for evaluation, you must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents. The only exceptions where your bachelor’s degree documents are not required are: Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, and Master of Technology."

Your views on this?

Thanks.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
But as per required documents mentioned here https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/ it clearly says the following:

"For applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma for evaluation, you must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents. The only exceptions where your bachelor’s degree documents are not required are: Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, and Master of Technology."

Your views on this?

Thanks.
OH.. This is a new update on WES. This means WES is improving.

In that case, you do not need to send your Bachelors transcripts. You were right.

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Received my WES evalutaion. Submitted only MSc transcripts and degree certificate. Report says "Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree".

So for above mentioned masters degrees, bachelors degree evaluation is not required.

Hope this helps.

Pk canada 19

Jul 9, 2019
Received my WES evalutaion. Submitted only MSc transcripts and degree certificate. Report says "Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree".

So for above mentioned masters degrees, bachelors degree evaluation is not required.

Hope this helps.
Can you please help me with this?
As mentioned you only did masters evaluation, it was ok for you in all of the pr process? I also did masters evaluation, going to file for express entry. I was wondering only masters will not cause any problem?

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Can you please help me with this?
As mentioned you only did masters evaluation, it was ok for you in all of the pr process? I also did masters evaluation, going to file for express entry. I was wondering only masters will not cause any problem?
If your master's degree is equivalent to Canadian masters' then it should be fine. Check your WES report. What does it say?

In my case, I am still waiting for the PPR. It has been 6 months since my application.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
If your master's degree is equivalent to Canadian masters' then it should be fine. Check your WES report. What does it say?

In my case, I am still waiting for the PPR. It has been 6 months since my application.
When did you get your biometric request?