+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES EVALUATION for a BE graduate from Mumbai University

Singhsta

Feb 11, 2015
Hello All!

Starting this post with the hope of getting your suggestions on how to go about the arduous task of obtaining the documents required by WES.

My highest degree is a Masters in IT from the United Kingdom and my Bachelors degree was done in Computer Engineering from a college affiliated to Mumbai University.

Now, as per the requirements listed on the WES website wes.org/ca/required/index.asp and my limited understanding, I am under the impression that we only need to send photocopies of original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office of Mumbai University.

The WES website does not mention that transcripts from the college attended are required as well. So does this mean that I only need to carry all my original marksheets (1st to the 8th semester) along with their photocopies with me when I go to Mumbai University to get the documents attested?

The website also mentions that "College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college". Only my 1st and 4th year marksheets are issued by Mumbai University. The rest of the years were issued by the college I attended. Should I get all 4 years (which include the college issued marksheets) attested by Mumbai University in any case?

Your suggestions/advise would be very much appreciated. Also, a clarification of whether I need to visit Mahatma Phule Bhavan or the Student Welfare Center at Churchgate would help as well.

Thank you for your time in advance!

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
I applied with same case, they told me to re submit because 2nd and 3rd year marksheet is issued by college. I tried to explain them scenario but no use.i dont know how to explain them regarding 2nd and 3rd year marksheet ?

Singhsta

Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for your reply mate.

I am hoping that others who have been through this situation would be kind enough to suggest a way forward here.

Anyone?

Singhsta

Feb 11, 2015
Guys, can someone on this forum be kind enough to help me with my dilemma please?

Would be greatly appreciated!

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Singhsta said:
Guys, can someone on this forum be kind enough to help me with my dilemma please?

Would be greatly appreciated!
Read in a different thread that you can get your sem 3,4,5,6 marksheets notarized by local advocate and send a letter explaining the same to WES.

Check out the last comment in this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t270206.0.html

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Hi,

Don't worry, Go to Mumbai University (Churchgate) and carry all year mark sheet (Original + Photo copies) to University and they will attest your photo copies.( Obviously they will take time approx. 15-20 days for Canada)

I followed the same thing at Mumbai University and they will provide you attestaed documents and WES will approve it.

Thanks //

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi, this is how it worked for me !!!
1. Go to Mumbai University , Churchgate ( not Kalina, Santacruz. again NOT Kalina, Santacruz !!! )
2. Take all the originals and photocopies ( 2 sets minimum and 2 envelopes as well ) for all years of B.E and Passing Certificate ( they need photocopies only, they won't take any originals. but they do need to verify photocopies by simply looking to originals )
3. Fill a simple form they give.
4. Have 55 rupees with you for the fees :)
5. They will give a date of 1 month to wait ( example if you submitted photocopies on the 1st Jan, you "should" get it on 1st Feb )
6. Don't wait for 1 month, keep on going and asking every 10 days else they will make you wait for at least 2 months ( happened with my friend )
7. I used to go every week and created a scene when they did not give it after even 1 month. After the screaming and shouting, they asked to take it the very next Saturday :)
8. Keep calm

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Ya even most f ppl over here have followed same case. But when we sent to wes, they reject saying sec and third year is fem college, any one who got wes evaluation degree certified with BE in mumbai university?

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
patnikrishna said:
Hi, this is how it worked for me !!!
1. Go to Mumbai University , Churchgate ( not Kalina, Santacruz. again NOT Kalina, Santacruz !!! )
2. Take all the originals and photocopies ( 2 sets minimum and 2 envelopes as well ) for all years of B.E and Passing Certificate ( they need photocopies only, they won't take any originals. but they do need to verify photocopies by simply looking to originals )
3. Fill a simple form they give.
4. Have 55 rupees with you for the fees :)
5. They will give a date of 1 month to wait ( example if you submitted photocopies on the 1st Jan, you "should" get it on 1st Feb )
6. Don't wait for 1 month, keep on going and asking every 10 days else they will make you wait for at least 2 months ( happened with my friend )
7. I used to go every week and created a scene when they did not give it after even 1 month. After the screaming and shouting, they asked to take it the very next Saturday :)
8. Keep calm
So can you please answer the below two questions as well:
1) Did that university office (in Churchgate) attest your second and third year marksheets too even though it was issued by college? AND
2) Assuming that the Churchgate office did attest your 2nd and 3rd year marksheets - so did WES accept those copies? Or did you send any explanation letter with it?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
yes they attested my second and third year copy as well. I dint specified any explanation letter. I am planning to re send those doc again with explanation letter attached and will also notorize second and third year copy.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Can any one share letter of explanation required to submit to WES regarding second and third year ?

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Singhsta said:
Hello All!

Starting this post with the hope of getting your suggestions on how to go about the arduous task of obtaining the documents required by WES.

My highest degree is a Masters in IT from the United Kingdom and my Bachelors degree was done in Computer Engineering from a college affiliated to Mumbai University.

Now, as per the requirements listed on the WES website wes.org/ca/required/index.asp and my limited understanding, I am under the impression that we only need to send photocopies of original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar's Office of Mumbai University.

The WES website does not mention that transcripts from the college attended are required as well. So does this mean that I only need to carry all my original marksheets (1st to the 8th semester) along with their photocopies with me when I go to Mumbai University to get the documents attested?

The website also mentions that "College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college". Only my 1st and 4th year marksheets are issued by Mumbai University. The rest of the years were issued by the college I attended. Should I get all 4 years (which include the college issued marksheets) attested by Mumbai University in any case?
So 1st and 4th year and final passing cert....get it attested from Mumbai University.Rest college will do.Transcripts for these ie 1st and 4th will aslo be given by Mumbai University.Rest you get it from college.

Your suggestions/advise would be very much appreciated. Also, a clarification of whether I need to visit Mahatma Phule Bhavan or the Student Welfare Center at Churchgate would help as well.

Thank you for your time in advance!

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Sorry for the laaate reply,
Yes the University ( Churchgate ) did provide me with 2nd and 3rd year attested copies and YES the WES did accept them without any explaination letter and YES I got my ECA report in 1 week of submitting the attested copies and YES I created a valid Express Entry profile with this ECA Report :)

Don't worry, keep calm.