Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I got my WES credential report today which says:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

But i have also shared my Post Graduation Diploma (PGDM )details also with them which i believe they have not recognized.
For my PGDM WES gave report as:

Institution Status: Non-recognized
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential

one of my senior got full points for his PGDM but in my case i have given overall equivalancy as Bachelor.

Can i do anything in this regard? Can i approach WES on this? I believe i am getting points only for my Engineering and not PGDM :(

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
balraj_ictm said:
Hi All,

But i have also shared my Post Graduation Diploma (PGDM )details also with them which i believe they have not recognized.

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
education credential

one of my senior got full points for his PGDM but in my case i have given overall equivalancy as Bachelor.

Can i do anything in this regard? Can i approach WES on this? I believe i am getting points only for my Engineering and not PGDM :(
From where it is recognise as i did my PGDBM from AICTE and they gave me Bachelor's degree (four years) as Canadian Equivalency

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
Hi

I suggest you contact them. If an institution is not recognised I am not sure what you can do about that. I believe the actual institution may have to contact WES to be acknowledged. Do not let them get away with things there. They are very sloppy in their work.

My personal experience with WES has not been that great. My wife has a dual bachelors, and first time they did not recognise that. After a complaint letter they corrected it but did not recognize post graduate degree.

She has a Graduate degree from an well know UK university but did not recognise her diploma because the Canadian equivalent is completed in half the time and less classes! :'(

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balraj_ictm said:
Hi All,

education credential

In this case you will have to check with senior if he/she submitted additional documents to WES. Also check with college if they can give additional documents to support your case. It is possible that first time they did not recognize but later they do, provided you give further proofs of it being a course from recognized institution and/or also mention about your seniors case.

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
Were you able to progress your application for PGDM? I got the same comment from WES and wondering what should be the next step.

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Hey, l studied in Canada for post graduate diploma but l have Master Degree from lndia also. I was reading on WES website that they need certified copies from my university in a sealed envelope with stamp on it. My problem is that l am in Canada and can't go to India. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Alberta Semi Skilled said:
Hey, l studied in Canada for post graduate diploma but l have Master Degree from lndia also. I was reading on WES website that they need certified copies from my university in a sealed envelope with stamp on it. My problem is that l am in Canada and can't go to India. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks
You can try contacting the University Registrar's office. They may send it to you or WES directly. In my case, I am in India and got the documents without visiting the university even once for this.

Hope this helps!

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!

Is it required that the transcript of records should be sent by the school? Or we can send the transcript and diploma from our end if we have copy?

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
it is a very simple process for PGDM...If your institute was AICTE recognised at the time you passed out , you get Bachelors equivalency for 4 years ....If your institute is AICTE & AIU recognised when you passed out then you get Masters equivalency

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Aspiring CA said:
Hi Guys!

Is it required that the transcript of records should be sent by the school? Or we can send the transcript and diploma from our end if we have copy?
You can send it by yourself if you graduated from India and the transcripts are inside sealed and signed envelope.

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
DEEPCUR said:
You can send it by yourself if you graduated from India and the transcripts are inside sealed and signed envelope.
Hi, I had the same issue just recently (November 2016).
My university is not allowed to send abroad my degree to anyone beside me. Security, Privacy, bla bla bla... What a world we live in...
WES accept the document to be sent by you as long as in the folder there is the sealed folder from your university. (just like that fix the problem technically...).

Can anyone help me with that ? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/private-school-master-recognition-for-crs-quick-help-t468016.0.html