Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Hello guys, i have just completed my M.Sc program in the uk (August, 2015)and i want to apply for express entry, the degree certificate would be issued upon graduation by November, i have access to a transcript and a statement of completion of studies, do i have to wait till November before applying for an ECA?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Canadahustler said:
Hello guys, i have just completed my M.Sc program in the uk (August, 2015)and i want to apply for express entry, the degree certificate would be issued upon graduation by November, i have access to a transcript and a statement of completion of studies, do i have to wait till November before applying for an ECA?
Yes, they need degree certificate

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp?lctryid=6

Aug 24, 2015
Please Help!!

I have completed one year MBA from IIBMS (Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies) based in Mumbai. This is an autonomous institute and not recognize with UGC or Dec. I am planing to send my certificates to WES for verification. Is WES recognize IIBMS and its courses. Please help!!

amishera

Aug 26, 2015
Hello,

I just registered 40 minutes ago. Yet I can't post a new topic as the new topic button seems to be missing. So I am forced to hijack this post - my apologies. Please suggest how to post a new topic.

I am trying to get my ECA from the WES. But they don't have any option for the USA as the country of education. How can I get my ECA done for my MS degree? Besides, do I need to get my ECA done for my bachelors degree even if I have an MS degree?

Thanks

GG_23

Aug 24, 2015
I am not sure why USA is not listed as a country of education..I got my ECA done from WES 2 months ago and I was able to select USA as a country of education.

You will need to get your ECA done for Bachelors and Masters.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
amishera said:
Hello,

I just registered 40 minutes ago. Yet I can't post a new topic as the new topic button seems to be missing. So I am forced to hijack this post - my apologies. Please suggest how to post a new topic.

I am trying to get my ECA from the WES. But they don't have any option for the USA as the country of education. How can I get my ECA done for my MS degree? Besides, do I need to get my ECA done for my bachelors degree even if I have an MS degree?

Thanks
If you get ECA for your masters degree as equivalent to Canadian masters you don't need ECA for bachelors, as you will get points only for your highest degree which is masters.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
IndianEducation said:
Please Help!!

I have completed one year MBA from IIBMS (Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies) based in Mumbai. This is an autonomous institute and not recognize with UGC or Dec. I am planing to send my certificates to WES for verification. Is WES recognize IIBMS and its courses. Please help!!
Try the free WES degree equivalency tool, if your institute shows up then WES will evaluate your degree if not you should write to them before paying fees and all.

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
Excuse me Mr. Canadahustler but I have to hijack your thread as well because I'm a newbie

I do have a Bachelor degree which is well recognised in WES database and 2 post-graduate diplomas in Management from Australian college (each is 6 months long)

Is there a minimum duration for post grad diplomas to be assessed as comparable to Canadian diplomas? Do they need to be each of one year long to be assessed as secondary certificate and get more CRS points?

Thanks folks

Aug 24, 2015
Sita1987 said:
Try the free WES degree equivalency tool, if your institute shows up then WES will evaluate your degree if not you should write to them before paying fees and all.
Thank you Sita..it's not available in degree equivalency tool however it is mention on dropdown after we logged in to WES account in university option...can we contact WES and ask then if it is acceptable.

sskcec

Mar 20, 2014
Gooner said:
Excuse me Mr. Canadahustler but I have to hijack your thread as well because I'm a newbie

I do have a Bachelor degree which is well recognised in WES database and 2 post-graduate diplomas in Management from Australian college (each is 6 months long)

Is there a minimum duration for post grad diplomas to be assessed as comparable to Canadian diplomas? Do they need to be each of one year long to be assessed as secondary certificate and get more CRS points?

Thanks folks
As mentioned above, try the WES equivalency tool.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
IndianEducation said:
Thank you Sita..it's not available in degree equivalency tool however it is mention on dropdown after we logged in to WES account in university option...can we contact WES and ask then if it is acceptable.
I think yes to be on the safer side you should send them a query to clarify whether they will assess your degree from ___ university before you pay the fees.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Sita1987 said:
yes it is not required to take both ECA done but for masters u need to show ur 4 years study. let him get his bachelors ECA done.

Aug 24, 2015
Sita1987 said:
I think yes to be on the safer side you should send them a query to clarify whether they will assess your degree from ___ university before you pay the fees.

Thank you. Please provide the WES email address or any other contact information

anascma

Aug 23, 2015
Can anyone please help me please !

I have a Bachelor Degree and it was assessed by WES as a four years Bachelor Degree . But also I have a CMA ( Certified Management Accountant ) Certificate from IMA ( Institute of Management Accountants ) in NJ USA .

How can I get this CMA evaluated ? WES mention that they do not evaluate such certificates !

Then , what CIC means by certificates and diplomas ?