+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA EVALUATION : Which one option to select on EE profile?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I lately received my WES ECA evaluation. The report leaves me with a doubt of which option to select... Report is as follows..

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Bharati Vidyapeeth
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Which option do I select for the second course (Credential #2) when I fill the study and education details section in EE profile??

- Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Secondary school (high school diploma)

Thanks in advance .

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello all,

I lately received my WES ECA evaluation. The report leaves me with a doubt of which option to select... Report is as follows..

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Bharati Vidyapeeth
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Which option do I select for the second course (Credential #2) when I fill the study and education details section in EE profile??

- Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Secondary school (high school diploma)

Thanks in advance .
Its Bachelors only.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
@ishq74 - can you pls advise ?
Unfortunately you cannot use WES report to claim points for your "executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" because WES report did not mention the Canadian equivalent duration of the program! Without knowing the duration, how would you know which level of education you need to select? In EE profile you do not have the option "Two or more...." rather you have to select level of education for each completed credentials.

This is actually not WES's fault! They are not authorized to evaluate such credentials!

Don't worry you have alternatives to claim points for such credential. I have not done ECA for similar credential but following process should work!

Two or more post-secondary credentials (three-year or longer post-secondary credential required)

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

If you click on the "Footnotei" mentioned above then you will read this message-

This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only.

Basically WES cannot evaluate such credentials, you need to do it from either International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta.

Hope you find this useful. Good Luck!

edit: By the way if you do another ECA just for your graduate program from ICES or IQAS then there is no problem to use both WES report and report form ICES or IQAS. I mean, you can use WES for Bachelors and ICES or IQAS for graduate study. No issues!

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Unfortunately you cannot use WES report to claim points for your "executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" because WES report did not mention the Canadian equivalent duration of the program! Without knowing the duration, how would you know which level of education you need to select? In EE profile you do not have the option "Two or more...." rather you have to select level of education for each completed credentials.

This is actually not WES's fault! They are not authorized to evaluate such credentials!

Don't worry you have alternatives to claim points for such credential. I have not done ECA for similar credential but following process should work!

Two or more post-secondary credentials (three-year or longer post-secondary credential required)

A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Graduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

If you click on the "Footnotei" mentioned above then you will read this message-

This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only.

Basically WES cannot evaluate such credentials, you need to do it from either International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta.

edit: By the way if you do another ECA just for your graduate program from ICES or IQAS then there is no problem to use both WES report and report form ICES or IQAS. I mean, you can use WES for Bachelors and ICES or IQAS for graduate study. No issues!
Both organizations (ices and iqas) expect the document to be sent by university directly. What if the university isn't ready to send? Any other alternatives.

Also, would they need my both - bachelor's as well as executive post graduate diploma OR
Just the executive Post graduate diploma would suffice?

Asking that cos I will have to check at both the colleges I went to.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Both organizations (ices and iqas) expect the document to be sent by university directly. What if the university isn't ready to send? Any other alternatives.

Also, would they need my both - bachelor's as well as executive post graduate diploma OR
Just the executive Post graduate diploma would suffice?

Asking that cos I will have to check at both the colleges I went to.
This is where the variances occurs! Sometimes WES, ICES and IQAS want to see the bachelor credentials to evaluate the post graduate credential for some countries while for country like UK they don't need bachelors to evaluate post graduate credential. I am not Indian so cannot tell you exactly the procedures of your educational institute!

As there is not extra charge for multiple credential evaluation then there is no harm to send both bachelors and post graduate credential to ICES or IQAS! Incase they ask you later, it is better to send both at first.

You can get the transcript in Official university envelope sealed and signed across the back flap and other joints. Then you can post it. ICES or IQAS won't know you've posted the envelope as the Official envelope will bear university logo and address. Just write your reference number and delivery address of ICES or IQAS on the envelope.

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello @mr.preetsingh,

Have the following queries :

1. Can I just use the bachelor's degree from the WES ECA report??
WES REPORT OVERALL CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY IS...

2. If I opt for evaluation from ICES for my executive post graduate diploma do I need to send both my bachelor's as well as executive post graduate diploma transcripts and degree or
just for the Executive post graduate diploma ?

It's important to know this since I will have to ask both the college / universities to send the respective documents (basically more coordination, tracking and seeking updates from ices rather than respective colleges)

Do share your views..

Thanks,
Kunal

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the edit..

• Graduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the edit..

• Graduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma

• Graduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma

Jan 15, 2019
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2019
Passport Req..
16-12-2019
Hello, need help in filling WES profile
I have done an executive program(EPYM-Executive program for young managers) of 1 year from IIMC, what options should i select on wes ?
what should I select field of study as ?