+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES and CASW for MSW

Nims000

May 17, 2021
From some articles I came to know that in order to work in Canada as a Social worker we need license from CASW.
I have some doubt related to that.

1. Can we do CASW registration from India?
2. Is WES Mandatory for CASW registration?
3. How much CASW and WES cost?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
From some articles I came to know that in order to work in Canada as a Social worker we need license from CASW.
I have some doubt related to that.

I'm not a MSW candidate but from my research, I am able to respond to your query

YES

Whether a CASW Assessment is required is solely the decision of the provincial or territorial regulatory body.
Given that CASW applies the CASWE Standards of Accreditation (http://caswe-acfts.ca/commission-on-accreditation/coa-standards/) in its assessment, it is a different service than WES provides. Therefore, CASW cannot take results of a WES assessment into consideration when completing an evaluation. CASW assessments of equivalency to a Canadian Bachelor or Masters of Social Work are typically used by applicants as part of registration with one of the provincial or territorial social work regulatory bodies in Canada. Whereas, other ECA’s such as WES, IQAS, or ICAS are used for immigration purposes.

CASW - $339.00 CAD
WES - Basic 210 CAD WES ICAP 245 CAD
WES Immigration - 220 CAD + 85 CAD