+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Web form inquiry response

d211

Aug 8, 2023
My wife submitted a TRV application on July 10, 2023. It has exceeded the standard processing time, and to get to know the application status, my wife submitted a web form including a representative form (adding me as a representative). So that I can call and ask about the update. In that form, it asks to write the name of the visa office, since we didn't know the visa office we left it blank. Today my wife got the below response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received the Use of representative (IMM5476) form; however, we are unable to process it since some information is missing requires further clarification.

Under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, representatives and clients are required to provide all the information requested on the form unless the question states if known or if applicable.

Therefore, please make sure to:

• Complete sections A, B and D, only if you would like to appoint a representative.
  • Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally hand signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties.
  • Ensure that the signature date is within 90 calendar days from the date the form was sent to IRCC.
Once the form is completed, as your request is for an outside Canada application, please use the visa office specific IRCC Web form to send it to the responsible Canadian visa office for your area in order to authorize a representative.

In order to contact the visa office for your area, please consult the list of visa offices outside Canada on our website.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.

Please make sure to answer Yes to the question Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? in order for your enquiry to be directed to the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

It took 15 days to get the response and now we don't intend to send a new use of representative form. My query is

1) Do they wait for us to send a new IMM 5476 and keep the file on hold?
Or They simply didn't consider our request and the file continues to process as is even if we don't submit the form.

Please give your suggestion @scylla @armoured

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
most probably yes they will hold the file due to missing information.
Better to correct the representative form and upload it again.
Chaning your mind after submitting the representative form will cause a suspicion around the application.