Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Me and my husband got married after 4 months of knowing each other, we are actually cousins, it is not an arranged marriage though by any means.

We just fell in love really quickly and knew it was right we just wanted to get married as soon as possible and be together as soon as possible.

I assume this will be an issue on the sponsorship forms? Sigh.

I am british, he is canadian.

What can I do to support our application as much as possible??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - that's fast and CIC will likely scrutinize your application because your relationship developed so quickly.

Overall you want to provide as much detail as possible that proves your relationship is genuine and shows the quick development of your relationship. You'll also want to explain and justify the quick development of your relationship in the relationship write-up you include.

Hopefully you had a full / formal marriage with parents from both sides attending. Provide as much wedding proof as possible (photos, bills, etc.).

Did you marry the first time you met (i.e. during the same trip)?

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
scylla said:
Yes - that's fast and CIC will likely scrutinize your application because your relationship developed so quickly.

Overall you want to provide as much detail as possible that proves your relationship is genuine and shows the quick development of your relationship. You'll also want to explain and justify the quick development of your relationship in the relationship write-up you include.

Hopefully you had a full / formal marriage with parents from both sides attending. Provide as much wedding proof as possible (photos, bills, etc.).

Did you marry the first time you met (i.e. during the same trip)?
Yes we had a full and formal religious ceremony and reception, my dad, mum and brother flew across from the uk and his fam from all over canada we have professional photos and a video shoot. and we are having a reception in the UK in about a years time which we are spending thousands of pounds on.

We met during my trip there in june, got together then. Our relationship developed very quickly and we got married end of october. Ive just recently visited him again in december.

I have lots of emails. whatsapp messages and proof of communication and have convos between me and my friends and him and his friends about our relationship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes... in general a very quick meeting, relationship, wedding and then applying for immigration is an automatic red flag. You will just need enough proofs to convince the VO that your relationship is real. I recommend including ALL of the following:
- Photos of the wedding (which hopefully had a lot of family members/friends), and as many photos as possible with your family/friends and you guys travelling and sharing common interests.
- Show financial dependency. Make sure to have some joint accounts (bank, credit card, mortgage/lease), AND make sure you have life insurance with each other listed as primary beneficiaries
- show your husband put you on his employers benefit plan as wife (if possible)
- Have as many testimonials from family and friends as possible, stating their personal feelings that you are a genuine couple. You should probably also write your own essays saying the reasons you met and got married so quickly.

I'm sure others can add some more.

Also keep in mind that the success rate for UK is very high. For simple spouse/partner applications the approval rate is around 95%. You are from a wealthy country so your application will not be scrutinized like ones from some other countries are where rates of fraud are high. So in this sense i wouldn't worry too much... just include lots of info to convince the VO and hopefully all will go well.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes... in general a very quick meeting, relationship, wedding and then applying for immigration is an automatic red flag. You will just need enough proofs to convince the VO that your relationship is real. I recommend including ALL of the following:
- Photos of the wedding (which hopefully had a lot of family members/friends), and as many photos as possible with your family/friends and you guys travelling and sharing common interests.
- Show financial dependency. Make sure to have some joint accounts (bank, credit card, mortgage/lease), AND make sure you have life insurance with each other listed as primary beneficiaries
- show your husband put you on his employers benefit plan as wife (if possible)
- Have as many testimonials from family and friends as possible, stating their personal feelings that you are a genuine couple. You should probably also write your own essays saying the reasons you met and got married so quickly.

I'm sure others can add some more.

Also keep in mind that the success rate for UK is very high. For simple spouse/partner applications the approval rate is around 95%. You are from a wealthy country so your application will not be scrutinized like ones from some other countries are where rates of fraud are high. So in this sense i wouldn't worry too much... just include lots of info to convince the VO and hopefully all will go well.
Thanks!

Yup have tonnes of photos of the wedding with family and friends as well as like loads of video footage and lots of communication evidence. Have testimonials from friends and family too.

The one thing I dont have is financial dependency on him, I earn more than him lol....i work as a doctor here in the UK. He recently sent me £600 to helo me pay for my ticket/travel costs during my recent visit there. He has spent alot of money on me - really expensive ring, hotel stays,
restaurants.

Ill ask him if he can put me on his work benefit thingy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so-impatient said:
Yup have tonnes of photos of the wedding with family and friends as well as like loads of video footage and lots of communication evidence. Have testimonials from friends and family too.
FYI - CIC won't look at video footage, only photos. Good that you have lots of photos.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
so-impatient said:
The one thing I dont have is financial dependency on him, I earn more than him lol
It doesn't mean you must have financial dependency on him... its to show you each have a tangible financial interest in each other. Hence the reason why having joint accounts and life insurance on each other is very important, no matter which of the two sides is bringing more money into the relationship!

Anyways the fact you are successful in your own right already in the UK, should go a long way to prove you want to move here for love and not money.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Rob_TO said:
It doesn't mean you must have financial dependency on him... its to show you each have a tangible financial interest in each other. Hence the reason why having joint accounts and life insurance on each other is very important, no matter which of the two sides is bringing more money into the relationship!

Anyways the fact you are successful in your own right already in the UK, should go a long way to prove you want to move here for love and not money.
So would him sending me £600 look good on our application?

For some reason in my head I feel financial dependency looks bad!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
so-impatient said:
So would him sending me £600 look good on our application?

For some reason in my head I feel financial dependency looks bad!
Sorry i think dependency was the wrong word. You need to show financial interest in each other. Simply that you are openly sharing your finances and are willing to include each other as beneficiaries for insurance. It's one of the only types of proof you can provide that is tangible and not open to opinion by the VO.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Rob_TO said:
Sorry i think dependency was the wrong word. You need to show financial interest in each other. Simply that you are openly sharing your finances and are willing to include each other as beneficiaries for insurance. It's one of the only types of proof you can provide that is tangible and not open to opinion by the VO.
I see, so sending money to each other and having a joint account?

I think life insurance may be not allowed in Islam ......... im not sure.

I can def ask about his work benefit thingy though!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
so-impatient said:
I see, so sending money to each other and having a joint account?
Yes. A statement from the CIC Guide 3999 for defining a couple uses the words "...they support each other financially and emotionally"

If your husband already has a credit card, an easy thing to do is have him just add a secondary card to his account. This is very simple and very common for family members to do. They will issue you a unique card in your own name, and then both of your purchases with the card and also both your names will appear on 1 bill. Just print a sample bill off and include in your application.

Sorry not sure about life insurance for islam faith, but i imagine there must be some wiggle room... or how else could you drive if you cant get car insurance!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes. A statement from the CIC Guide 3999 for defining a couple uses the words "...they support each other financially and emotionally"

If your husband already has a credit card, an easy thing to do is have him just add a secondary card to his account. This is very simple and very common for family members to do. They will issue you a unique card in your own name, and then both of your purchases with the card and also both your names will appear on 1 bill. Just print a sample bill off and include in your application.

Sorry not sure about life insurance for islam faith, but i imagine there must be some wiggle room... or how else could you drive if you cant get car insurance!
Ok so further question - on the forms we ticked - No - to me recieving financial support from him- if we do all this now - we have to change that to 'yes' i presume?

ZebraJCH

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Little question here from me and let's not try to get all stressed out about the question I am about to ask.

Wouldn't filing these kinds of things right before sending off your application, say a week or so before hand, be a bit... suspicious? As if you're doing it solely for the application and they'll go, "Ah, a set up! I see through your ruse!" and be cruel with your application from that point onwards?

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
ZebraJCH said:
Little question here from me and let's not try to get all stressed out about the question I am about to ask.

Wouldn't filing these kinds of things right before sending off your application, say a week or so before hand, be a bit... suspicious? As if you're doing it solely for the application and they'll go, "Ah, a set up! I see through your ruse!" and be cruel with your application from that point onwards?
yes potentially :(

Which is why im not sure about the joint bank account thing - infact we agreed that we dont want a joint bank account so i feel weird doing it just for the application.

My life is so well established here -my job insures me for everything and his lfie so well established there we just dont need all these thigns now!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Anyone else quick romances and marriage? Were you successful?