+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are ready to issue your visas?

ananias

Nov 16, 2012
Hello,

My husband and I received an e-mail from Canada Immigration indicating for my husband to send his passport. Please see below

Dear Applicant,

We are ready to issue the permanent resident visa that entitles you to enter Canada. We need to place the visa in your passport and in the passports of the members of your family who are going to Canada with you.

We have enclosed several documents. Please read them carefully. Follow all of the instructions in them, and submit all of the required documents as soon as possible. If you do not respond within 60 days from the date of this letter (or before the expiry date of the visas, whichever comes first), your file will be closed.
Yours truly,

Immigration Section

In addition they also mention in the e-mail

If you present a visa and a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688)

My husband did not receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688), will he be receiving this in the mail? Does this mean we have been approved? Does my husband have to send his passport with the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Yes! that's good news, you're done.... now you need to send the passport ( husband + accompanying members), and wait until they return it to you. They will issue a visa on his passport that allows you to board the plane ( the airline will recognize it), and also when they return the passport they will issue a COPR - your husband will travel with both his passport + the COPR ( there are 2 copies, one with picture, one without).

WHen arriving in Canada, he needs to tell the border officer that he needs to land as a PR ( most likely the visa officer will know that from his visa type), and he will be taken aside to another office, and he will complete the landing procedures ( signing the COPR etc, nothing difficult). He will keep one signed copy of the COPR (the one without picture), and the border officer will keep the one with picture - he will send it to CIC who will issue the PR card and send it to your husband ( make sure he has the address with him when he lands) about 2 months later.

Congrats on completing the process!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ananias said:
Thanks Sweden, for clarifying all my doubts, I am so happy!!
Congrats again and enjoy the good feeling!
Sweden