+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We’ve applied for everything (PR, Work Permit, and Visitor Record). What now?

NinaPlummer

Nov 29, 2021
Hello folks. Just looking for some advice about our current situation. Thanks to everyone who helps out.

My husband (Italian citizen) and I (Canadian) sent the application for an inland spousal Permanent Residency with an Open Work Permit over two weeks ago. We still haven’t heard anything from IRCC about the receipt and processing of the application. His visitor visa would technically expire on December, 11th, 2021 so in order to give us more safety and assurance, we also applied to extend his visitor visa a few days ago. We still haven’t had that accepted either. The visitor extension application has now been assigned an application number, but that’s about it. So after December 11th, his status is Implied Status regardless, right? While we wait to hear anything from the government at this moment in time, should we do anything more or be worried about anything?

He currently has a plane ticket booked to return to Italy on December 10th, but we can contact the airline to change the booking. I personally would like to do this, but I don’t know for how long ahead into the future I should book it for or if I should just exchange it for travel credit and use it when we actually have some sense of certainty. My husband, however, would like to keep the booking just in case we get bad news. I personally think we won’t hear much any time soon and that he would still have legal status in Canada after the 10th anyway, even if we have no updates on any of the applications yet.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many thanks,

Nina