+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was immigration to Canada easy before Express Entry came into place in 2015?

trymybest

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hello Guys,

I've been wondering. How was immigration to Canada before EE was introduced? Was it somewhat difficult like Australia? or even very hard like the United States? What did IRCC offer for the pathway to PR?

I came to Canada as an International Student in 2014. As you may be aware, there was no immigration program like EE. Once the program was introduced, a mass of people is coming to Canada as students in the hope to make Canada home. In fact, before I came to Canada, I didn't do any research about the immigration policy. I was just hoping that once I finished my bachelor's, I had the chance to stay here permanently.

Share your story :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I've been wondering. How was immigration to Canada before EE was introduced? Was it somewhat difficult like Australia? or even very hard like the United States? What did IRCC offer for the pathway to PR?

I came to Canada as an International Student in 2014. As you may be aware, there was no immigration program like EE. Once the program was introduced, a mass of people is coming to Canada as students in the hope to make Canada home. In fact, before I came to Canada, I didn't do any research about the immigration policy. I was just hoping that once I finished my bachelor's, I had the chance to stay here permanently.

Share your story :)
It wasn't really that different. .

The FSW program and the CEC program both existed for many years before EE. There were still mass amounts of people applying from outside of Canada before EE was introduced through the FSW program (also PNP and FST). It's really not that different now than it was back then.

FSW was a bit more before difficult before EE since only certain NOCs were included - and it was also on a first come first serve basis.

CEC was also a bit more difficult before EE since certain NOC B jobs were excluded. CEC is easier now.