+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

Oz101010

Nov 17, 2021
I got a new closed work permit (With a specific employer and occupation) under LMIA EXEMPT (Free trade agreement) for more than 2 years. And on my work permit appears a LMIA or Exempt number: AXXXXXXX. Can I use that number to get the CRS points in my Entry Express profile? Or a LMIA EXEMPTt is not a positive LMIA? Or LMIA number and LMIA EXEMPT number are the same?

If I don't put the LMIA number, I don't get the points.

There is another question below: Was a positive labour market impact assessment (lmia) issued for the current work permit?. The answer is: yes or no, or No, it is exempt.

Is this question a complement of the other one? Can I put: yes is a positive, write the number and the date issued and expired, and then specify with the last question that is a LMIA exempt?

My objective is to get the CRS points with my offer of employment.

Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a new closed work permit (With a specific employer and occupation) under LMIA EXEMPT (Free trade agreement) for more than 2 years. And on my work permit appears a LMIA or Exempt number: AXXXXXXX. Can I use that number to get the CRS points in my Entry Express profile? Or a LMIA EXEMPTt is not a positive LMIA? Or LMIA number and LMIA EXEMPT number are the same?

If I don't put the LMIA number, I don't get the points.

There is another question below: Was a positive labour market impact assessment (lmia) issued for the current work permit?. The answer is: yes or no, or No, it is exempt.

Is this question a complement of the other one? Can I put: yes is a positive, write the number and the date issued and expired, and then specify with the last question that is a LMIA exempt?

My objective is to get the CRS points with my offer of employment.

Thank you so much.
You say new work permit so assume you have one year of Canadian experience. If so get a new job offer letter too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

Oz101010

Nov 17, 2021
No, I don't have one year experience, I just got it. I want to get more point in my EE profile. I just want to know whether I can put my LMIA EXEMTP number as a positive LMIA in order to get the points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, I don't have one year experience, I just got it. I want to get more point in my EE profile. I just want to know whether I can put my LMIA EXEMTP number as a positive LMIA in order to get the points.
You can’t get add points to your EE profile on LMIA exemption until you have one year Canadian experience. It is in the link provided. You don’t have a positive LMIA.

Reactions: Oz101010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, you cannot.

Reactions: Oz101010