+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wants to travel as protected person but got PR through spousal sponsorship.

iamgurpreet

Apr 30, 2024
Hello, I am protected person in Canada through asylum. But I recently got my Permanent Residency through spouse sponsorship. My mom is not feeling well from last couple of months and it’s been long time since i have seen her. I want to travel to my home country before it’s too late. I called my immigration lawyer to ask him if it’s okay for me to travel to my home country even though i am protected person in canada. He told me not to worry because I have got my PR Card through spouses sponsorship, so it doesn’t matter. I am having my own doubts and i don’t wanna risk losing my status here in canada if i go there. So Please help me out, should i go and take a chance and meet my mom. Or should i wait till my canadian citizenship

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hello, I am protected person in Canada through asylum. But I recently got my Permanent Residency through spouse sponsorship. My mom is not feeling well from last couple of months and it’s been long time since i have seen her. I want to travel to my home country before it’s too late. I called my immigration lawyer to ask him if it’s okay for me to travel to my home country even though i am protected person in canada. He told me not to worry because I have got my PR Card through spouses sponsorship, so it doesn’t matter. I am having my own doubts and i don’t wanna risk losing my status here in canada if i go there. So Please help me out, should i go and take a chance and meet my mom. Or should i wait till my canadian citizenship

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
If you got married with your wife got your pr card before your hearing and withdrawal your case after your pr card then traveling shouldn’t be issue but as you mentioned you got your protected person status before your marriage which means you can’t go your home country before citizenship according to law if you wanna go it’s big risk .

Reactions: Simba112