+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to know about PGWP

tafahem

Sep 4, 2017
Hi. I am an International student. I came to Canada in 2016 and admitted to Vancouver Island University(VIU) for a Bachelor degree. However, I did not like the course and therefore I changed the program and moved to Seneca College for doing a 2-year diploma after completing 2 consecutive semesters of Fall and Spring at VIU.

There was a scheduled summer break both at VIU and before of the starting of Seneca's program. Therefore I worked full time during that period.

I want to know when I will apply for PGWP, do I have to submit the transcripts of both VIU(for 2 semesters) and Seneca?

After graduation, I will only have one graduation letter from Seneca, nothing from VIU other than the transcript of my completed 2 semesters.

Is my situation too complicated? What would be the best solution?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi. I am an International student. I came to Canada in 2016 and admitted to Vancouver Island University(VIU) for a Bachelor degree. However, I did not like the course and therefore I changed the program and moved to Seneca College for doing a 2-year diploma after completing 2 consecutive semesters of Fall and Spring at VIU.

There was a scheduled summer break both at VIU and before of the starting of Seneca's program. Therefore I worked full time during that period.

I want to know when I will apply for PGWP, do I have to submit the transcripts of both VIU(for 2 semesters) and Seneca?

After graduation, I will only have one graduation letter from Seneca, nothing from VIU other than the transcript of my completed 2 semesters.

When did you drop out of VIU?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

So you dropped out of full time education at VIU in the spring and then changed course and college starting in the fall ?

So the fact you dropped out from VIU in the spring then the summer was not a scheduled break as that could only be true if you continued in the fall at VIU so in effect technically you worked illegally in the summer. This should probably be of more concern for any later dealings with IRCC.

Last edited: