+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply super visa for my parents

bhandari06

Jan 28, 2020
Hi Guys,

I want to apply for the super visa for my parents. I got my permanent residency in July, 2019. Am i eligible to do so?

Some people say that i have to wait like 1 year before applying for it.

Also, can i do the application on my end.

It would be really helpful if somebody can help me with the steps and the documents we need.

Important: my parents already have the visitor visa and have traveled twice to Canada. But i want them to stay with me for longer time duration.

any leads will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I want to apply for the super visa for my parents. I got my permanent residency in July, 2019. Am i eligible to do so?

Some people say that i have to wait like 1 year before applying for it.

Also, can i do the application on my end.

It would be really helpful if somebody can help me with the steps and the documents we need.

Important: my parents already have the visitor visa and have traveled twice to Canada. But i want them to stay with me for longer time duration.

any leads will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
In general It is best to submit a NOA which must show that you have met LICO for your family size. If you have not met it this year (NOA 2019) you can try showing that you have already earned over the LICO amount. Your parents are still visitors to Canada. If they have already visited Canada twice they need to make sure they maintain strong ties to their home country.

bhandari06

Jan 28, 2020
In general It is best to submit a NOA which must show that you have met LICO for your family size. If you have not met it this year (NOA 2019) you can try showing that you have already earned over the LICO amount. Your parents are still visitors to Canada. If they have already visited Canada twice they need to make sure they maintain strong ties to their home country.
Thank you for your response.

Strong ties in the sense? can it be the property and the cash in hand?

Also, how much funds do i need to show in hand for the visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Strong ties in the sense? can it be the property and the cash in hand?

Also, how much funds do i need to show in hand for the visa?
Strong ties like property, job, taking care of family, involvement in a social group, etc. You have been in Canada for 6 months and your parents have visited twice which is quite a lot unless they only came for a week each time. They should be showing more connections to their home country versus Canada. For a supervisa your funds are more important than theirs.

bhandari06

Jan 28, 2020
Strong ties like property, job, taking care of family, involvement in a social group, etc. You have been in Canada for 6 months and your parents have visited twice which is quite a lot unless they only came for a week each time. They should be showing more connections to their home country versus Canada. For a supervisa your funds are more important than theirs.
I am living in canada from past 5 years. I recently got my PR. They visited me twice; one for 3 months and second for the 5.5 months.

Does that make the difference?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am living in canada from past 5 years. I recently got my PR. They visited me twice; one for 3 months and second for the 5.5 months.

Does that make the difference?
Yes that is much better if the 2 visits were spread across the 5 years and were not recent. You are likely in a position to submit NOA for last year or this year that meets LICO. Your parents are still visitors so they should be spending more time in their own country versus Canada. Supervisa allows them to stay longer.