+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on Background check clearance.

raman sagar

Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

I applied for my Permanent Residency application under Canadian Experience Class on April 21, 2018 and after few weeks I received an update saying that I passed the medicals. After that my status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." After few months I was worried because I have not been receiving any info on the status updates and the status remained unchanged. I was worried and called CIC to know what's going on with my application.

During my first conversation with the CIC agent over the phone, the person said that everything looks good on your application and I cannot exactly say how long it takes to clear the background verification as it is carried out by a third party, but he said that I should receive an update after completion of six months. Even after that I have not received anything so, I called them again and another agent said that they cannot really give me a time frame on when I will receive my final update.

After waiting few more months I again called them today and the lady over the phone told me that on December 14th my application was updated and cleared the Criminal check and has been moved over to next step in the background check which is Security Check. My question here is does anyone know how many levels are there in background check, if security check is the final step how many days will it take to clear this check.

Thanks in advance.